Tree destruction on Winter Street

That's still very much the case. As a resident it has it's pros and cons. The extended summer holidays are great and so quiet. Freshers week (month) is less pleasant.

Ah yes thank you. How depressing. I am writing a letter of objection, as I advise anyone to who also thinks a development of this type in this location is completely inappropriate.

I have seen the renderings yes, it looks hideous and completely wrong for that location.

http://imgur.com/a/zOLH2

eugh that is ugly!

Same old story though. Another old building gone. Great picture here of it.

That looks like a big improvement over what's already there.

The building's height is in keeping with the nearby tower blocks and Arts Tower.

The more we can make efficient use of inner city land for student housing, the more terraced houses currently occupied by students that can be returned to house real people.

Really? It's sort of in keeping height-wise with the Arts Tower, but that's on the other side of the road - do we really want this massive tower on the corner of St. Philip's Road, making the road a giant wind tunnel? The tower blocks further down are a long way from this (and I wouldn't have given planning permission for them either).