Yorkshire Windows - Problems?

I have been waiting 6 months for a replacement Front door, Today the council informed me that their supplier " Yorkshire Windows" had problems.

Problems? They must of had a very big problem as they haven't even been around to measure it up in six months - dispite the fact it's a standered size door.

If this wait it typical of their work, I think I'd stay well clear of the company. If of course the council arn't telling PORKIES.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 10:41 ----------

I will be posting the same on Twitter and Facebook so that no one else falls foul of this company.

Edited by Itrytoplease

It's more likely to be the fault of the council in my experience. They probably haven't passed the information on to the company.

Don't start slagging companies off until you have all the information.

Why not contact Yorkshire Windows yourself if you have concerns ?

Regards

They are contracted to the council, they would not give me the info. and if they did I would be very concernd.

The info I posted came straight from the councils customer service dept.

I understand - but I would ask the council the date they asked Yorkshire Windows to measure for and supply your door as it may have been an oversight on their part and not the fault of the window company.

I've asked but all I get is the run around.

I'm 64 years of age, and disabled with COPD, I believed the draught from the front door caused me to contract a chest infection which nearly killed me, and would have if it wasn't for the course of Antibiotics and steroids.

There is talk of the door being fitted in the next couple of months or so, but

1- I've heard that before

2- We could have 6 foot of snow by then and temps in the minus degrees.

Get back onto the council and tell them about your health problems - it might make a difference.

Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted for you soon.

They know the problems I'm facing, I don't think they care, It's the old "Pull the ladder up jack" attitude.

Well good luck anyway

I've asked but all I get is the run around.

I'm 64 years of age, and disabled with COPD, I believed the draught from the front door caused me to contract a chest infection which nearly killed me, and would have if it wasn't for the course of Antibiotics and steroids.

There is talk of the door being fitted in the next couple of months or so, but

1- I've heard that before

2- We could have 6 foot of snow by then and temps in the minus degrees.

Your chest infection is more likely to have been caused by coming in contact with another infected person rather than a draught from a door.

My advice would be to contact the Head of Housing Services.

Are you certain it's Yorkshire Windows? There are several companies with similar names -Yorkshire Window Co as an example. We've had our windows and doors from Yorkshire Windows and they have been excellent as is their after care.

Thats what I was told, I'm under the impresion they are a Rotherham co.

I'm not saying anything about the quality of their windows or doors, just the wait, 6 months Is taking the urine.

I have known other suppliers for councils who think "it's only the council" and gave a product or service they wouldn't dream of giving their "Paying" customers.

Your chest infection is more likely to have been caused by coming in contact with another infected person

This had to have started somewhere. Who was the first person to get the chest infection, and who gave it him??

Edited by Guest