Predator fishing

Hi does anyone know where there are any pike catfish water within 30 mile radius of Sheffield cheers

Stainforth and keadby canal at Thorne , half hour drive from m1 and plenty of pike!!!

its not a good idea to name pike waters on an open forum - if you dont know why then you are probably not experienced enough to be fishing for them. They are delicate fish and take time and guidance to handle properly. I dont mean to come across as rude, its just the truth. most suitable looking bits of water contain them around here so give it a go.

Catfish wise - Stubbs Hall has them I think - not my cup of tea though

Catfish at Aston Springs pond 3 see Tony the bailiff for details.

Agree with scratch22 on the pike thing.

if you dont mind a bit of a drive there is a brilliant water called cobbleacre not far from swaffham that i go to. some lovely cats in there aswell as some monster carp and eels. quite a few lakes to try out too but is a difficult water

try bradleys farm at ford theres cats over 40lbs in the second pond but theres bigger cats in private pond but needs to be booked for private pond other wise its £5 a day p.s. the cats are breeding in the second pond lots of little ones locals put a half tin of luncheon meat on .if you go to ford follow road to bottom of hillturn right then before you go left up the hill turn right over bridge then drive to end of lane hope this helps

there some good size pike coming out of the sheffield canal around rotheram at the minute

Thought you agreed with scratch22 on naming pike waters?? Then you go name a pike water lol

There's nothing wrong with naming waters. If someone is inexperienced they need to be put on the right waters so experienced anglers can show them how to go on and land/handle fish correctly. If a novice is not allowed to gain experience he will remain a novice.

Also, I think the main reason for secrecy is selfishness. ie: Someone knows a good water but wants to keep it within his own circle.

There's nothing wrong with naming waters. If someone is inexperienced they need to be put on the right waters so experienced anglers can show them how to go on and land/handle fish correctly. If a novice is not allowed to gain experience he will remain a novice.

Also, I think the main reason for secrecy is selfishness. ie: Someone knows a good water but wants to keep it within his own circle.

Couldn't agree more rodnreel , yes we need to be carefull and respect the fish we catch that comes with gaining experience and been shown how to tackle up properly ie safe breaking strain lines for the targeted fish , hooks ect and handling, but as usual some on here was never taught they instantly became "experts" - load of tosh!! A bite from a jack pike will soon gain respect! As for naming waters they don't want to think anyone could catch what they've been trying for for years!! 35 years a piker with five 30+ pike at dam flask photos on notice board- beat that " experts""