Flu jab and viral illness

Been offered it but declined at the time but may still have it, had the Pneumonia one though.

Viera Scheibner - the main expert referenced in the blurb;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viera_Scheibner

"None of Scheibner's claims in relation to vaccination, SIDS or traumatic infant head injuries have been published in peer-reviewed medical, legal or criminological journals of an accepted international standard."

In 1997, the Australian Skeptics awarded her the "Bent Spoon Award". This award is presented annually to the Australian "perpetrator of the most preposterous piece of pseudoscientific piffle":

"The unanimous choice of the judges was Dr Viera Scheibner for her high profile anti-immunisation campaign which, by promoting new age and conspiracy mythology and by owing little to scientific methodologies or research, poses a serious threat to the health of Australian children."[3]

That’s good enough for me ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is mountains of other evidence for those with eyes to see.

Just look at the ingredients - that alone should have alarm bells going off everywhere,never mind the huge amount of people who have been paid compensation claims after being harmed.

There is mountains of other evidence for those with eyes to see.

Link to some then - preferably from websites that don't also believe in flat earth and all the other conspiracy theories you're into.

Not had any side effects at all, neither has anyone I know who have ever had a flu jab.

I suggest that this issue should not be one to be judged simply by ' for or against ' arguments. Whilst individual opinions are valuable, if based on factual, tested, evidence, government also has to take a view based on the collective interest of the population as a whole. It is inadvisable to generalise from the particular but it has become clearer to me from my personal experience, that there are many variables and outcomes which need to be considered. The continued gathering of evidence is important as is the way that evidential experience is noted and accounted for. This is a difficult task for our NHS especially with limited resources.

I have personally always considered accepting official advice to be sensible, by and large, but there will always be cases where exceptional care is needed.

As I've become older and noticeably more vulnerable the decision to receive the vaccination becomes more difficult and I currently feel less certain of possible outcomes. Much depends on one's general health and immunity. Having experienced a couple of chest infections some few years ago, which were treated with antibiotics, I have had flu vaccination regularly without any noticeable effect. However, at that time I received the vaccine for pneumonia and contracted that disease shortly afterwards. This year I suffered influenza and its residual effects for a period of around eight weeks after which I was advised to have the lastest vaccine. I have noticed a short-term return of some recent flu symptoms (without the fever).

At a personal level, I would still have the vaccine but the decision is less straightforward and one hopes the healthcare

services can make a well- informed decision case by case.

Governments must make recommendations for the welfare of the whole population as another pandemic such as those in years gone by would be very unfortunate indeed. But there will always be winners and losers.

Edited by johnlittle

Completely understand the poster above. Sometimes if you do get mild side effects it’s just your immune system reminding you that it’s here.

Just for balance; an elderly relative of mine caught flu a couple of winters ago.

She very nearly died.

She's now first in the queue for the flu jab every season.

I've just had my flu jab. I had the pneumonia jab in 2002. I was recently admitted to hospital with pneumonia. I was out in 4 days. I put that down to good care and the pneumonia jab. I have mountains of book -mainly authored by homoeopaths and naturopaths- that question the efficacy of vaccination. On balance, I'm with the allopathic school-based on extensive inquiry and research undertaken by me.

Of course, there are schools of thought that question: germ theory, the existence of the immune system and the purification and isolation of the HIV virus-all such doubting Thomases have been proven resolutely and scientifically and epidemiologically wrong.

There's always going to be a battle between the allopathic and the homepathic/naturopathic schools of medicine -they are coming at medicine from two irreconcilable paradigms.

In the meantime I'd get vaccinated-it won't kill you .

Note: As you get older your immunity declines-neutrophils and all that.

Consequently , your immune system needs help.Vaccination can help turn a very serious situation into a manageable and curable outcome.

Edited by petemcewan

Mumps outbreaks are on the rise," said Dr. Janell Routh, a pediatrician who is a medical officer on the mumps team at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 6,000 cases of mumps were reported in the United States last year, the highest number in 10 years. Around 2010, total annual cases were down in the hundreds.

Most of the recent cases occurred in outbreaks, including a large one in Arkansas, rather than as a sporadic here-a-case, there-a-case disease. And most of the outbreaks were among people 18 to 22 years old, most of whom had had the requisite two doses of mumps vaccine in childhood. "We are seeing it in a young and highly vaccinated population," Dr. Routh said.

So what's the point of taking a vaccine when they clearly do not work?

https://www.sott.net/article/366762-Researchers-double-down-on-mumps-vaccine-recommendations-even-when-faced-with-proof-of-obvious-failures

And this.....

https://www.aircrap.org/2017/11/06/african-american-mother-son-autism-shot/

Edited by MAC33

MAC 33,

You know that what you have put is only a partial examination of

the efficacy of vaccination. There's always going to be individuals that don't mount an immune response after vaccination. Such cases are not a sufficient reason for rejecting vaccination.

You might find the link interesting:

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/disease-vaccinated-populations

" Vaccines are available to prevent pneumonia caused by pneumococcal bacteria or the flu virus, or influenza. Vaccines can't prevent all cases of infection. However, compared to people who don't get vaccinated, those who are vaccinated and still get pneumonia tend to have:

Milder infections

Pneumonia that doesn't last as long

Fewer serious complications. "

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pnu/prevention

Edited by petemcewan

I've just had my flu jab. I had the pneumonia jab in 2002. I was recently admitted to hospital with pneumonia. I was out in 4 days. I put that down to good care and the pneumonia jab. I have mountains of book -mainly authored by homoeopaths and naturopaths- that question the efficacy of vaccination. On balance, I'm with the allopathic school-based on extensive inquiry and research undertaken by me.

Of course, there are schools of thought that question: germ theory, the existence of the immune system and the purification and isolation of the HIV virus-all such doubting Thomases have been proven resolutely and scientifically and epidemiologically wrong.

There's always going to be a battle between the allopathic and the homepathic/naturopathic schools of medicine -they are coming at medicine from two irreconcilable paradigms.

In the meantime I'd get vaccinated-it won't kill you .

Note: As you get older your immunity declines-neutrophils and all that.

Consequently , your immune system needs help.Vaccination can help turn a very serious situation into a manageable and curable outcome.

You said that you got a pneumonia jab in 2002.Well you are way overdue for another one. I was told to get one every 5 years. Not being a smarty pants here, but you could be at risk.