Flu jab and viral illness

You are beginning to sound paranoid mate.

I think you've got too much time on your hands tbh.

Why insult him? If you take a look there's no shortage of people taking him to task over his views by trying to use some form of argument? Why do you want to step in and put the boot in as well? It doesn't help anything- people shut down when insulted, it does not make them conducive to listening further.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 18:23 ----------

If you truly believe that the authorities would go to the extreme of lobotomising the general population, the question arrises what the hell are you doing by taking about it so freely?

Aren't you setting yourself up for "a little car accident" in the not to distance future?

No, clearly he isn't. If the authorities want to terminate people for spreading information about vaccines, I would think they'd go for someone very prominent who has the publics hear, rather than someone arguing with you on an obscure city forum, wouldn't they?

It's my opinion and I have every right to voice it - just as he has.

This is a forum - don't forget that.

I'm sure he is perfectly capable of voicing his own opinions.

It doesn't give any indication that he has any expertise at all in virology, nutrition, or the other fields that he has no doubt expressed opinions on which vary from well-conducted scientific research.

You don't need expertise on a subject (if by 'expertise' is meant training/qualification in said subject) to do your own research and thinking and form opinions.

You don't need expertise on a subject (if by 'expertise' is meant training/qualification in said subject) to do your own research and thinking and form opinions.

Exactly - so why are you slating those on here who have one ?

I've had a flu jab recently and haven't experienced any Problems at all

Oh-oh: the debates over guys, case proved, the flu jab is proven to be safe :) what a relief.

Have I suggested that you do?

It's my opinion and I have every right to voice it - just as he has.

This is a forum - don't forget that.

Do I also have a right to express my opinion?

If no, please explain why.

If yes, what's your problem.

And... your point is? I'm backing him, cos I'm interested in what he's saying, I'd like him to stick around and say more. That's OK yes?

Oh-oh: the debates over guys, case proved, the flu jab is proven to be safe :) what a relief.

I think you have answered your own question !

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 18:33 ----------

People who's health is vulnerable are those that need the flu vaccine the most, because if they caught the flu it's more likely to make them critically ill.

Exactly right - but there are those on here who aren't able to grasp this simple fact

Have I suggested that you do?

I don't know. What do others think? Has he suggested that?

Originally Posted by mattleonard View Post

It doesn't give any indication that he has any expertise at all in virology, nutrition, or the other fields that he has no doubt expressed opinions on which vary from well-conducted scientific research.

It seemed to me he did. Anyone else getting that impression?

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Exactly - so why are you slating those on here who have one ?

I'm not. I'm disagreeing with some of those opinions. It's pretty standard on discussion boards :)

No, clearly he isn't. If the authorities want to terminate people for spreading information about vaccines, I would think they'd go for someone very prominent who has the publics hear, rather than someone arguing with you on an obscure city forum, wouldn't they?

If the authorities were going to the extreme of chemically lobotomising everyone, to disrupt our cognitive abilities, they'll have no qualms about destroying everyone who spreads their little secret.

Obviously the idea is preposterous, and nothing more than the imaginations of those who are seriously deluded.

People who's health is vulnerable are those that need the flu vaccine the most, because if they caught the flu it's more likely to make them critically ill.

But if the flu vaccine has negative effects (I believe even the most rabid vaccine supporter realises that there are, for some, negative effects), wouldn't it be better, as someone else pointed out, to give it to well people i.e. the same ill people, but before they get ill?

Absolutely no excuse for this sarcastic post .

The poster has an opinion which you should respect and answer appropriately ........... which you have not.