Defence chief criticises Corbyn

Corbyn is such an easy target, and while ever such a dangerous idiot is in a position of power folk will point that out.

Well go and do it on the political threads or on a political forum.

Considering Corbyn is a leading political figure, I think you'll find it hard to keep politics out of it. Seems to me you're just having a go at exxon.

Well go and do it on the political threads or on a political forum.

If a party elect a dangerous rag end as their leader I'm entitled to mention it. The Labour party have elected a dangerous rag end as their leader. That's why the ex head of Nato mentioned it, and it's why the head of our armed forces mentioned it. I think quite a few others have too.

If a party elect a dangerous rag end as their leader I'm entitled to mention it. The Labour party have elected a dangerous rag end as their leader. That's why the ex head of Nato mentioned it, and it's why the head of our armed forces mentioned it. I think quite a few others have too.

To be fair to Corbyn, can you ever see him being in a position where he'd have enough responsibility to become dangerous?

To be fair to Corbyn, can you ever see him being in a position where he'd have enough responsibility to become dangerous?

Not at all. That's because folk point out the danger he poses and his complete unelectability. This will happen more and more over the next 5 years and has the potential to drag the Labour Party apart as it appears very few Labour MPs actually hold similar views to the idiot that they have in charge.

But the thread is about breaking protocol, which you arent really intersted in youd rather just use it as any opportunity to bash Corbyn becayse thats what you do all the time instead of keeping to the thread topic. If you wnat to talk about nuclear disarmement, then start your own thread on it and people can disuss hat there. If you wnat to talk about Corbyn and whether hes a danger to the country for being against nuclear weapons then put it on the political thread.

I agree.

I don't think Corbyn will be able to survive the constant hostility of the media. Most people don't look any further than the headlines. The media forms opinions. If they did, they might see Corbyn as their only hope of breaking the strangle hold of the Oxbridge toffs, and returning to real democracy.

However, I do think Corbyn was wrong in this case to state he would never push the button. He was trapped into telling the truth in the interview, again his inexperience showed. This is the one instance where he can think it, but should not state it openly.

I thought you were all for politicians telling the truth?

You cnat appreciate the protocol thats been broken.

You cannot appreciate that we are unconvinced there has been any breach of protocol.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 13:12 ----------

Because they arent comparable conventions. If the chief of defence staff refuses to sing the national anthem or not kneel thats up to him, but if he wants to get involved in politics as a service officer then he should get himself elected, voice his opinions in private or stay out of it like his predecessors.

Are you a serving member of the military?

I presume not. But you are allowed to have a political opinion and express if publically. So why do you hold yourself as better or more worthy than a member of the military? Why do you have such a desire for them not to participate?

But the thread is about breaking protocol, which you arent really intersted in youd rather just use it as any opportunity to bash Corbyn becayse thats what you do all the time instead of keeping to the thread topic. If you wnat to talk about nuclear disarmement, then start your own thread on it and people can disuss hat there. If you wnat to talk about Corbyn and whether hes a danger to the country for being against nuclear weapons then put it on the political thread.

Why don't you try discussing a thread for a change instead of wanting to discuss me? What are you after; a date?

Corbyn is a dangerous idiot and that is an important issue.

You cannot appreciate that we are unconvinced there has been any breach of protocol.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 13:12 ----------

Are you a serving member of the military?

I presume not. But you are allowed to have a political opinion and express if publically. So why do you hold yourself as better or more worthy than a member of the military? Why do you have such a desire for them not to participate?

There is a long standing tradition that the military remain neutral for the reasons ive already outlined above.

Your second point comparing members of the public v the military. The protocol doesnt apply to members of the public and it doesnt apply to members of the military once they leave the armed service.

Whilst they are serving though its practice to stay neutral and out of and above politics. Bit like the Queen. The alternative is for the military to become an active participant in showing preference which civil administration it prefers and being a political force. This happens in many countries with disastrous consequences. the militray is there to serve the civilian administration, if they have concerns they can voice them in private.

<snip of pointless stuff>

Are you going to answer the question?

Why don't you try discussing a thread for a change instead of wanting to discuss me? What are you after; a date?

Corbyn is a dangerous idiot and that is an important issue.

I do discuss the issues in the thread. You jsut want to change it into a debate about Corbyn all the time. theres a political thread for that. As ive said if you wnat to discuss nuclear disarmement then start a thread about it. This threads abouut the protocol for the forces remaining neutral and not getting involved in politics. Irrespective of who might be in power.