Good startup camera & lens for taking photos of products

startup camera & lens for taking images of products ?

I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for a good startup camera and lens for taking images of products for online use website.

We have both small and large products

I currently use a iphone 6 to photos

I cant justify spending too much.

Few questions

1. Would it possible to get better images using the iphone maybe getting addons like lens for it ??

2 Does anyone have any tips to take good images for online use, if we dont have lighting and empty space (setting, white space).

Ps

We are not looking to hire anyone to come in to take product photos.

What is the budget, without knowing your limit nobody can really help you.

im not sure would £50-£100 be ok ?

im not sure would £50-£100 be ok ?

you won't get anything for that price. get some lights and takes photos with your phone... im affraid you don't have much options for £100 (half decent lens would cost more than that)

you won't get anything for that price. get some lights and takes photos with your phone... im affraid you don't have much options for £100 (half decent lens would cost more than that)

He could find a used Nikon D70s these can normally be found on eBay or a used equipment store.

However lights and his camera phone isn't a bad idea.

Also depending on the transportability of the items hire a studio now and then.

Edited by steve68

He could find a used Nikon D70s these can normally be found on eBay or a used equipment store.

However lights and his camera phone isn't a bad idea.

Also depending on the transportability of the items hire a studio now and then.

he will need lights for dslr anyway, as old ones wont's take good pictures at high ISO. for the budget of £100 where is only one option... get continous lights and use a phone :)

he will need lights for dslr anyway, as old ones wont's take good pictures at high ISO. for the budget of £100 where is only one option... get continous lights and use a phone :)

I remember using two old desk lamps with daylight bulbs back in the 90's :hihi: back then that was considered high tech by some.

It pretty much depends on how big his subjects are. To the o/p you mention small and large how large are you talking?

I remember using two old desk lamps with daylight bulbs back in the 90's :hihi: back then that was considered high tech by some.

It pretty much depends on how big his subjects are. To the o/p you mention small and large how large are you talking?

even daylight bulbs aren't cheap :D

Funnily enough in my old place I installed 4x 4ft daylight tubes as lighting and they only costed £6 a tube.

Which I thought was very cheap as online I'd seen them on at over£30 a tube, was a little lighting shop in London near tower bridge.