Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

Just to let everyone know we have now changed the holiday to Palma nova... We qualified for a change with no charge as there are no flights now to turkey from East Midlands or Doncaster(our chosen airport) this summer.

Manchester only flights.

Were you booked with Thomas Cook by any chance ?

We booked in store with Thomson.

Ahh, I heard Thomson had started cutting flights.

I was booked with Thomas Cook, now flying with Monarch..

I'm off to Skegness in a couple of weeks, will I be safe from terrorist attacks?

No , but reply must be at least 10 letters long so NO again

I'm off to Skegness in a couple of weeks, will I be safe from terrorist attacks?

You'd probably be safer in Baghdad...:D

After all this discussion I reckon the safest holiday destination is Scarborough!

It has probably never been so unsafe for a person from a western country to visit predominantly Muslim countries today, especially those in the Middle East. Why do British people potentially put themselves at risk just to seek sunshine? There are many tourist destinations that offer good weather without the risk of possible terrorism, isn't it time the public started being more responsible and safety aware rather than going to dangerous locations and then screaming 'why hasn't our government done something' when anything happens?

My god, this is such a lame statement from a person who clearly hasn't been much further away than Scarborough itself.

Not everyone goes on holiday just to seek sunshine mate. These countries are filled with heritage, culture and history - going there is a chance to indulge in their culture.

Yes of course there is a risk, and it's unfortunate times. There's a risk everywhere though mate - for example, you're gonna be more at risk of getting murdered in central america than in a middle eastern country.

Let's just all go to Benidorm for a bit of sun and then head straight back to England. Broaden your horizons

My god, this is such a lame statement from a person who clearly hasn't been much further away than Scarborough itself.

Not everyone goes on holiday just to seek sunshine mate. These countries are filled with heritage, culture and history - going there is a chance to indulge in their culture.

Yes of course there is a risk, and it's unfortunate times. There's a risk everywhere though mate - for example, you're gonna be more at risk of getting murdered in central america than in a middle eastern country.

Let's just all go to Benidorm for a bit of sun and then head straight back to England. Broaden your horizons

He does have a point though, lot's of Brits do go to the likes of Turkey & Tunisia just to lounge around in the sun and enjoy the cheap booze and food, so yes they could just go to Benidorm instead, and nobody has strolled down Levante beach shooting sunbathers with an AK47 yet mate !

And why are people referring to "Muslim Terrorism". Jesus guys.....terrorism isn't islamic, or christian or any faith. It's just terrorism by insane people who happen to have a faith.

And why are people referring to "Muslim Terrorism". Jesus guys.....terrorism isn't islamic, or christian or any faith. It's just terrorism by insane people who happen to have a faith.

Do mention this to johny jihad while he's sawing through your neck screaming allah ackbar. He may disagree about his motivation.

errrrm it's a bit like referring to 'boozy Brits' rather than 'drunken tourists' ie: being more specific ;)