Is it safe to holiday in Muslim countries now?

i would change your holiday, the area is likely to get more attention in the coming months and you as westerners may not be flavour of the month,.

Why is Sarigerme going to get more attention?

Turkey in general :)

Turkeys a big place and the OP is going to the west coast, which is well away from the conflict zones. At the moment it just looks like the only extra attention Turkey in general is going to get will be fewer Russian tourists. Ofc things could develop and thats why the Op can keep an eye on the FCO guidance. Your choice though.

OP Go to the official sites and talk to people who have actually been there in recent times as I suggested, then make your own mind up. Read the links I provided as they are certainly more informed and relevant to your query.

I don't have a query. I wouldn't go to a country where a roving army is trying to kill me and my family. It's called peace of mind and it is a very important part of enjoying a holiday.

We have a holiday booked for next year in turkey. Sarigerme is where we are staying,and it's been booked since May last year.we traveled to sarigerme in September of this year & felt totally safe in the resort,but with recent events we are wondering if to cancel? There are 8 of us going but we are seriously considering changing to Spain or Greece? I'm not really up on politics & am just going on what's been going on in the news the past few weeks.

Would you cancel & go somewhere else or shall we stick with our booking?

Any advice/input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Turkey supports terrorists........

I don't have a query. I wouldn't go to a country where a roving army is trying to kill me and my family. It's called peace of mind and it is a very important part of enjoying a holiday.

Thast why I said OP and not exxon. I only qioted you because I was referring to what you posted.

Turkey supports terrorists........

An Islamic government supporting terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely not.

Well Thankyou so far for your comments! I appreciate all those for & against & what you have said! However..... I'm still majorly confused! Seems half say go for it & the other half say don't!! Very tempted to cancel the whole holiday & loose the £800 deposit! I know anything could happen anywhere regarding bombs etc... I guess I was hoping I would get answers yes or no..... Seems only we as a group can decide?!! :-0

If you have to ask the question you probably won't have a relaxing holiday. In reallity terrorists are as likely to hit you on the tube as on holiday and the chances are utterly tiny either way but thats not going to make you chill out more on the beach.

Well Thankyou so far for your comments! I appreciate all those for & against & what you have said! However..... I'm still majorly confused! Seems half say go for it & the other half say don't!! Very tempted to cancel the whole holiday & loose the £800 deposit! I know anything could happen anywhere regarding bombs etc... I guess I was hoping I would get answers yes or no..... Seems only we as a group can decide?!! :-0

Just sit tight for the time being, if the Foreign Office recommend you don't travel to Turkey you'll get your money back from the tour operator anyway or offered an alternative holiday.

An Islamic government supporting terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely not.

The US and Britain support terrorists, the rebels in Syria trained and armed by the west are terrorists.

The US and Britain support terrorists, the rebels in Syria trained and armed by the west are terrorists.

Are they? What makes you say that? Assad fan?