The time of the month and mooncups

So....I have extremely heavy periods....can mooncups cope?

Has anyone used one? Any (honest) feedback? :confused:

I've used a mooncup for about 8 years. It suits me very well although they are not for everyone. You have to be prepared to deal with the practicalities (not to be too graphic in an open forum!) and I understand that they just don't "work" for a very small number of women - perhaps with odd physiology?

Regarding capacity, they have to be emptied at intervals and the timing depends on your flow. You might find that some days you need to empty it every hour and other days it might be every 4 or 6 hours. I find that nights are manageable with back-up protection but you might not so you'd have to consider how you feel about emptying the cup in the middle of the night - and whether this was preferable to whatever you do now.

There are two different sizes of mooncup but other brands are available and may be better for you. You'd have to do some research to decide what would be best.

PM me for a more detailed chat.

I like it. I don't think it's any messier than using a tampon, and you never get "caught short" (if you've forgotten to pop any in your bag).

You can prepare in advance a little as well.

Like ladydriver, I don't want to be too graphic on here :)

I always liked the idea of a mooncup. Not sure if I could use one though, because I have an IUD (which is a godsend) and I have heard you can't use one if you have a coil fitted.

I also found out (when I got the IUD fitted) that I have a retroverted uterus, I don't know if that has any effect?

I have used the disposable 'Softcup' version prior to having the coil fitted, and didn't find them fully effective, but my protection needs have greatly decreased since then.

I did buy one of these to give it a try, but due to my very heavy loss, it just wasn't viable.