Handbag swiped in Morrisons Hillsborough

Hardly a rant. I think people are waking up to what Conservative Austerity really means. Personally I would rather pay a little bit more if I knew it was going on policing or health and social care. As it is, the thin blue line is now dangerously thin.
and prior to the cons, in the Blair & Brown years, it was so much better?

People have been talking cops doing nothing but giving crime numbers and filling out paperwork for a good 20 years now. (Im not accepting nor denying this, as I haven't had to use their crime solving services)

You posted to get a political view in. Nothing more, nothing less

It's a forum. I think the idea is that people share their points of view. Mine is perfectly legitimate, accurate and pertinent: this Government are making cuts to policing when Chief Constables and even their own (Tory) Crime Commissioners are telling them it's gone too far.

I certainly don't remember police not able to attend muggings and burglaries due to lack of resources - this is a whole new thing.

Police were handing out little bells to women today at Crystal Peaks Asda, the same as Budgies have in their cages.

They were telling women to attach them to their handbags so they could hear them if anyone stole them out of their shopping trolleys when they weren't looking.

Apparently two had been stolen already today.

Edited by rockport

I wasn't aware that Morrisons sold handbags?

Anyway - what other means of reading the bar code are available? :huh:

I certainly don't remember police not able to attend muggings and burglaries due to lack of resources - this is a whole new thing.
selective memory - forget the bad bits about past labour govts, remember the bad bits about tory govts

My 92 year old gran had her purse lifted out of her bag in Hillboro Morrisons. Second time in 12 months. This was a distraction theft, a middle aged guy talked to her about salt content of soup reached behind her and then must have taken the purse. She only realised when she got to the till. when my dad enquired about CCTV they said it didn't cover the whole store. Didn't seem very interested at all although they did give her a free cup of tea (they where keen to point this out to my parents). All I would say about that store is the meat has security tags....says it all really.

---------- Post added 04-11-2015 at 10:31 ----------

Sorry forgot to say this was about 4 weeks back

Same happened to me about 3 years ago, in morrisons hillsbourgh left my bag on trolley top bit where the seat is did my shopping as normal noticed it had gone.I panicked spoke to chap that works there it turned out 20 minutes later that some woman handed my bag in she found it on the top of the freezers, thing is I didn't go to freezer section, but no purse took 432. In cash my cards photos driving licence.. When I said you got cctv you will find the thief, but no cctv covers that area it horrible devastating all my money gone couldn't get my shopping. If they would took bag and not have left it..

I couldn't have got in my car as my car keys was in the bag.. Every time I go in morrisons do I tell any lady's with there bags open and purse on top where a thief can see it do I tell them my story. They thank me as it's easy to go about your business and some thieving sod robs you blind it's still going on then. I think it's about time something is done about it

Edited by terri37

and prior to the cons, in the Blair & Brown years, it was so much better?

People have been talking cops doing nothing but giving crime numbers and filling out paperwork for a good 20 years now. (Im not accepting nor denying this, as I haven't had to use their crime solving services)

You posted to get a political view in. Nothing more, nothing less

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31771456

Police forces face major budget cuts, right now, under this government.

Alongside the NHS and Doctors who are having funding and pay attacked.

And Working Tax Credits, cut.

But, good news if you're a millionaire, stamp duty to be reduced!

Stamp duty has increased for more expensive properties and reduced for cheaper ones, the new system seems by and large more sensible, whille obviously the very wealthy use accounting tricks to avoid paying any stamp duty at all on their multi-million pound London homes.

From handbag thefts in a supermarket to stamp duty on homes.:huh:.

From handbag thefts in a supermarket to stamp duty on homes.:huh:.

You said what I was thinking ??

Suspicious Asians have been seen around the area recently

What were they suspicious about? I'm suspicious about your post.