Handbag swiped in Morrisons Hillsborough

I was shopping at Morrisons Hillsborough on Saturday when my handbag was stolen from the hook on the front of the trolley. I alerted staff and the security manager got the customer service desk to let me use the phone and get numbers to cancel my cards, but seemed a bit evasive about CCTV, and didn't take a formal incident report or anything. They got no cash, but it has caused me no end of hassle cancelling and reinstating cards and replacing phone and locks (phone and keys in bag), let alone the fact I have lost a lot of photos of my grandchildren. Other people seem to have heard of problems in security at this shop, anyone else had stuff swiped recently? Anyhow, be very alert, and if possible keep your bag under your coat or close to you. I spent ages going round the car park in case it had been dumped anywhere, the only thing I found was several car loads of youths smoking skunk, and when I told Customer Services about this, they just shrugged and said they were always there! Not impressed, think I may be shopping elsewhere in future.

I was shopping at Morrisons Hillsborough on Saturday when my handbag was stolen from the hook on the front of the trolley. I alerted staff and the security manager got the customer service desk to let me use the phone and get numbers to cancel my cards, but seemed a bit evasive about CCTV, and didn't take a formal incident report or anything. They got no cash, but it has caused me no end of hassle cancelling and reinstating cards and replacing phone and locks (phone and keys in bag), let alone the fact I have lost a lot of photos of my grandchildren. Other people seem to have heard of problems in security at this shop, anyone else had stuff swiped recently? Anyhow, be very alert, and if possible keep your bag under your coat or close to you. I spent ages going round the car park in case it had been dumped anywhere, the only thing I found was several car loads of youths smoking skunk, and when I told Customer Services about this, they just shrugged and said they were always there! Not impressed, think I may be shopping elsewhere in future.

Did Morrisons phone the police? If they did what did the police do? Hope you have managed to get everything sorted.

Funny isn't it ? You get robbed at a supermarket or pick pocketed at a cash machine there your car scrapped in their car park and although there are cameras everywhere you personally will never see those images.

Around this time of year this happens a lot in Hillsborough, well probably everywhere! always seems to be on the run from now up to christmas. Another incident happened local not last week but the week before a lady had her purse stolen think in the centre of hillsborough the ladies who were chatting about it seemed to think they d seen her go to cashpoint. As for Morrison's at night it turns into a speedway the police used to be down there quite a bit but it seems to have died off a bit the police presance. To be honest they d need round clock surveillance if it's not one group of people it's another.

"Seemed a bit evasive about CCTV". I would have phoned the police and tried to get them to attend the store. I would have thought that the police would have wanted to look at the cctv footage as a matter of course. It is in everyone`s interest-yours , the store, and their customers and also the the police, as it just adds to the crime stats if it continues to happen.

What did the security guy say about the cameras that was evasive?

data protection is the reason they will not be able to show you cctv, daft i know but its the law, the police will be able to view cctv if they request to

data protection is the reason they will not be able to show you cctv, daft i know but its the law, the police will be able to view cctv if they request to

Rubbish.

The DPA actually gives you the right to see any recordings of yourself.

Rubbish.

The DPA actually gives you the right to see any recordings of yourself.

And how would they make all these CCTV based tv shows :hihi:

What a rotten experience, but a good reminder to us all to be vigilant about our bags and purses. Costly too, if only in replacing locks and keys. it only takes a moments distraction for a thief to grab a bag and get away.

As for Morrison's at night it turns into a speedway the police used to be down there quite a bit but it seems to have died off a bit the police presance. To be honest they d need round clock surveillance if it's not one group of people it's another.

Yes your right, I've seen all the black tyre skid marks up in the top car park.

The cops should come and surprise them one night.

Funny isn't it ? You get robbed at a supermarket or pick pocketed at a cash machine there your car scrapped in their car park and although there are cameras everywhere you personally will never see those images.

Make a subject access request under the DPA if you are in the image, they cannot stop you from looking at it.

As regards images with you not there you are entitled to request them to further a civil claim and it would be foolish of Morrisons to refuse that - and if they do you can get a court to compel them to release the images.