Shaker Aamer £1m Compo

If they hadnt gone and tortured him they wouldnt be paying compensation.

He might be an ex guantonomo prisoner, but thats only because the US detained him for 13 years without evidence and without trial, which they couldnt supply. Whose saying hes been a problem at all? he's the one who has been mistreated.

If you want him deported then write to the Home sec, PM or your local MP.

Im suprised theres no objection to MI5 carrying out torture on someone who turns out to be innocent.

Where is your evidence that he was tortured by MI5 or anyone from Britain ?

When you say torture? Do you mean deprivation of sleep, S & M rituals and waterboarding? Or do you mean actual torture like the Taliban did?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1358063/I-was-one-of-the-Talibans-torturers-I-crucified-people.html

(And this is one of the milder links I found). The Taliban would skin people alive. Crucify them. Starve them to death. These people are really really awful and he was out there helping them. It's mental comparing the two.

I hope you can prove what you aleged here otherwise you may find yourself in court defending a libel writ.

Where is your evidence that he was tortured by MI5 or anyone from Britain ?

He doesn't have any and despite there being a three year investigation which found no proof of torture, he keeps saying there was. :suspect:

Its not legal to charge enemy POW's, you simply lock them away until hostilities stop, then you free them, he is lucky to be freed early.

I agree he's very lucky to be free because hostilities are still on going . German's who were interned in Britain during World War 2 were only freed after the war was over .

I hope you can prove what you aleged here otherwise you may find yourself in court defending a libel writ.

A writ served by who?

Thirteen years. No - one's been able to come up with a single charge. What does that suggest to you?

Probably that he wasn't going to stand up and admit to any involvement with recruiting for al Qaeda. Funnily enough Shaker Aamer is an old pal of Moazzam Begg who is overjoyed at his mates release.

Did he ever get his passport back?

another keyboard warrior banging the rite on drum:roll::roll::roll:

He isn't British, he wasn't captured or detained by the British, there is no evidence he was tortured by the British, and British law applies to people in Britain not foreigners using false passports in Afghanistan.

He isnt British we all agree he's a British resident with a British family. It doesnt matter too much consdiering the nature of his case.

His allegations are that he was tortured by agents from MI5 on several occasions, something the UK has signed up specifically not to do and is illegal. The DPP is currently looking at that evidence and the courts will look at his claim for compensation. If none of these things happened and no laws were broken then he wont get anything and he will lose.

British law applies to the government and where it breaks its own laws through the commission of torture against citizens of any nation then it remains open for the govt to be held to account.

At least Lordy is honest and he doesnt mind a bit of rule bending and torture here and there.

Its quite easy if the UK wants to torture people then it should abandon the international agreements its signed up to which cover torture, then it wont have broken any laws.

I have and I don't see

It was alleged that the person this thread is all about was supporting the terrorists in Afghanistan. Some people might think that was a libellous statement if it was made about them. To sue for libel in the case of a defamation would be quite reasonable would it not. I am sure Ron Jeremy would think about suing if someone accused him of something that affected his good name.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about what Shakir Aamer was doing in Afghanistan. I like to see evidence before making up my mind about anything.

It was alleged that the person this thread is all about was supporting the terrorists in Afghanistan. Some people might think that was a libellous statement if it was made about them. To sue for libel in the case of a defamation would be quite reasonable would it not. I am sure Ron Jeremy would think about suing if someone accused him of something that affected his good name.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about what Shakir Aamer was doing in Afghanistan. I like to see evidence before making up my mind about anything.

As do l,but I couldn'see anything in Ron Jeremy's post that you quoted about anyone who would have grounds to sue him. All I saw was someone admiting committing atrocities .

As an apparent innocent I do believe that Aamer should at least have the right to put forward his case for compensation just as you or I would. Wether he will be paid compensation before being allowed to put that case remains to be seen