The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

This video could be bull bangers, could be some numtpy having a wind up.

Today's breaking news story is at http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/shopper-left-fuming-after-sheffield-store-gives-her-two-old-1-coins-in-change-1-8815512

As soon as I saw the mention of the story, I could imagine the photo they'd use. No doubt in some 60 years or so, some research student will unearth the article and tell the world that they've found a picture of someone's outstretched arm.

Has anyone thought to tweet the news to POTUS? Or even Mrs May?

Edited by Hopman

It told me why.

You just new to wait a little while for all the ads, pictures and graphics to load up and then you get he full text including the statement from meadowhall spokesman explaining.

Ah I see. There are no bins because of a revamp according to an answer to some questions on social media. This is pulitzer prize winning Investigative journalism at its best. Until I get my octuple core 89tb 98thz optocomputer, I won't be able to open a sheffield star webpage in under an hour!

It was once said that the only thing you could believe in a newspaper was the date. Well today the Sheffield Star can't even get that right. It's Tuesday the 18th, according to them.

It's been noticeable that since Johnston Press took over the running of The Star a few years ago & that the paper's staff all appear to preface their job titles with word 'Digital', there's been a marked decline in the overall standard of journalism.

Reporters never appear to go out & chase down a story or carry out investigative journalism. Instead The Star appears to rely heavily on its 'journalists' trawling through social media & trying to pick up bits of stories & they requesting that the public then contacts The Star to provide further information. It's as though the journalists are frightened to leave their office.

Also, considering that The Star appears to have an abundance of 'Digital' reporters & editors, the website has got to be one of the worse I've come across. Stories hang around for days on end & don't get me started with the basic geographical errors when trying to explain where a story is based in Sheffield. It's as though nobody knows how to use an A to Z.

Well I'm gobsmacked at the adverts that are all over the Star now. I turned me adblocker off and couldn't believe my eyes.

Will not be visiting that website again. Absolute garbage.

It was once said that the only thing you could believe in a newspaper was the date. Well today the Sheffield Star can't even get that right. It's Tuesday the 18th, according to them.

It's been noticeable that since Johnston Press took over the running of The Star a few years ago & that the paper's staff all appear to preface their job titles with word 'Digital', there's been a marked decline in the overall standard of journalism.

Reporters never appear to go out & chase down a story or carry out investigative journalism. Instead The Star appears to rely heavily on its 'journalists' trawling through social media & trying to pick up bits of stories & they requesting that the public then contacts The Star to provide further information. It's as though the journalists are frightened to leave their office.

Also, considering that The Star appears to have an abundance of 'Digital' reporters & editors, the website has got to be one of the worse I've come across. Stories hang around for days on end & don't get me started with the basic geographical errors when trying to explain where a story is based in Sheffield. It's as though nobody knows how to use an A to Z.

It needs to get its digit out.

(And, yes: few nowadays use or have even heard of the A-Z!)

hi all I love the star and don't think its a bad read,but I agree its a bit pricey,also being not well ,I decided to contact them and they do some great deals and deliver free,so give there delivery service office a call,i pay £3 per week and that's for 6 delivered to my door stars,i ring them every 12 weeks for another deal,i hope this helps.

Whenever there's a hint of a snowflake there's usually at least three articles with headlines in block capitals. There must surely be more important news to report than snow in winter!

They even seem to contradict themselves . Front page weather " Light snow Showers "

Main Article " Blizzard Alert " What is it ????????