The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

They are at it again. An article on Toby Foster, Born in Sheffield, lives in Barnsley.

Wrong on both counts. He's told listeners where he's from and where he lives often enough.

Purveyors of false news Donald Trump - should be told

Edited by mickyboy

I think the star is a great paper and really helps the community and helps local festivals with great colour adverts ect,well done the star,forget the odd mistake and enjoy.

Guest makapaka
He writes as though he does

"It's not been a morning paper for a while now"

Oh yes it has

I meant evening paper - i.e. Not printed with the current days news.

No I don't work for the star or anything like it. I did used to think it was poor myself but genuinely believe it has got a lot better which which I think should be encouraged.

Also agree the website is poor as I stated earlier in the thread - I was referring to the hard copy.

The star has improved massively recently.

The new editor is doing a grand job.

It's not been a morning paper for a while now which is a shame but the content is streets ahead of where it was.

I think a lot of people still have pre conceived views on it but it has definitely improved.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 22:45 ----------

It has had a revamp and is much better.

Give it a try if you haven't already- the green un rebooted is a great feature for one even if I still desperately miss the original!

not seen the green un -rebooted , but agree think a lot miss the Original green un paper

Fantastic headline today (page 22) :

"Flood risk talk given talk on flood risk"

There's just too many inexperienced people working on the Star, photos are missing and the prompts are printed in place of them. The so called journalists make just to many mistakes and silly mistakes at that.

Words fail me.

Unbelievably bad. I know of 2 people that work at the Star and tbh neither are the brightest bulb in the box.

It seems they have moronic writers too.

Words fail me.

Unbelievably bad. I know of 2 people that work at the Star and tbh neither are the brightest bulb in the box.

It seems they have moronic writers too.

Three grammatical errors in the first sentence wasn't a very good start. :)

it just doesn't add up.

"callous thief stole hundreds of pounds"

" helping himself to cash from a collection box. He caused an estimated £1,400 of damage to windows and doors at the premises in Stadium Way, for the sake of around £30 which was all that was in the box."

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/outrage-over-break-in-at-sheffield-animal-charity-prompts-flood-of-donations-1-8539185

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/outrage-over-break-in-at-sheffield-animal-charity-prompts-flood-of-donations-1-8539185

By the way How do they know how much is in a sealed collection box?

By the way How do they know how much is in a sealed collection box?

Asked Joanna Southcott?

Asked Joanna Southcott?

She only knew about " a horse pistol, a dice box, purse, several books, a lottery ticket and a night cap". No mention of money.