The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

You think that some people having a drink in a tent is news? Really?

I didn't say it was news it's an EVENT just like Tramlines and other things that are staged throughout the year. I didn't clarify the wording as I thought it was pretty straightforward. You give the impression that you have never been to the Tent, if you had you would realise it's much more than " some people having a drink in a tent"

Edited by lazarus

Fantastic marketing ploy by Guinness in hijacking St Patrick's day.

I didn't say it was news it's an EVENT just like Tramlines and other things that are staged throughout the year. I didn't clarify the wording as I thought it was pretty straightforward. You give the impression that you have never been to the Tent, if you had you would realise it's much more than " some people having a drink in a tent"

Well whenever I've walked past it (and you're right, I've never been in) it looks exactly like some people having a drink in a tent. Which isn't even an event, let alone news.

Guest makapaka

The star has improved massively recently and the new editor should be applauded and encouraged.

A much better read than in recent years.

omg the Sheffield star, Sheffield shocked by snow storm , were the hell

are they getting the people who write this rubbish:loopy:

stopped buying it 5 years ago never missed it.

omg the Sheffield star, Sheffield shocked by snow storm , were the hell

are they getting the people who write this rubbish:loopy:

Must be the same residents that were 'stunned' by the police pursuit.

Its their stock phrases:

Stunned, shocked, outraged.

And if you are directing these emotions at people then its "slammed".

Think Thing with the Star is Like it or not we Need a local Paper . a lot of the older ppl still have Sheffield star as a lifeline to news in Sheffield as cant or wont use internet , it does need a revamp But we need to keep the paper

Guest makapaka

The star has improved massively recently.

The new editor is doing a grand job.

It's not been a morning paper for a while now which is a shame but the content is streets ahead of where it was.

I think a lot of people still have pre conceived views on it but it has definitely improved.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 22:45 ----------

Think Thing with the Star is Like it or not we Need a local Paper . a lot of the older ppl still have Sheffield star as a lifeline to news in Sheffield as cant or wont use internet , it does need a revamp But we need to keep the paper

It has had a revamp and is much better.

Give it a try if you haven't already- the green un rebooted is a great feature for one even if I still desperately miss the original!

Do you work for the star maka? Its nothing like it used to be and the online is rubbish.I have stopped buying it now for that reason,if the revamp is the best they can do its time for its closure.

Do you work for the star maka? Its nothing like it used to be and the online is rubbish.I have stopped buying it now for that reason,if the revamp is the best they can do its time for its closure.

He writes as though he does

"It's not been a morning paper for a while now"

Oh yes it has