The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

I use to advertise regularly in the star a few years ago but the prices for lineage adverts just got to much to make any money from it,I thought I would give them a ring to see if they had changed a bit,I was pleasantly surprised to be offered some advertising at a very reasonable price the advert also has a link to their online site..

Yes I have seen an improvement. I always buy it when I get home and I was beginning to wonder about its value. They need more reporting on issues important to Sheffield and south Yorks in particular. Throw in more national and world news such as Brexit, the US President elect and his crazy statements, whether Sheffield should have an elected Mayor etc.

They seem to stay away from "Wire" news from such as Reuters, because of the subscription costs I suppose. Penny wise pound foolish ?

Nancy Fielder has made fantastic progress so far! I have met with her a few times and she is clued up as to what people want and what the city needs. Long may she continue!

Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the Sheffield star of late?

I think it has and there seems to be a bit more quality and professionalism in the journalism. Absolute garbage paper full of rubbish and biased as usual of the past 70 years to to the massives GARBAGE RAG THAT I WILL NOT BUY

Guest makapaka
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the Sheffield star of late?

I think it has and there seems to be a bit more quality and professionalism in the journalism. Absolute garbage paper full of rubbish and biased as usual of the past 70 years to to the massives GARBAGE RAG THAT I WILL NOT BUY

How would you know if you never buy it?

So following on from the recent thread about the Star improving recently they have redeemed themselves by trying to claim Hathersage is in South Yorkshire

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/hundreds-brave-the-rain-to-enjoy-an-outdoor-swim-in-south-yorkshire-pool-1-8313578

Unbelievable:loopy:

Guest makapaka
So following on from the recent thread about the Star improving recently they have redeemed themselves by trying to claim Hathersage is in South Yorkshire

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/hundreds-brave-the-rain-to-enjoy-an-outdoor-swim-in-south-yorkshire-pool-1-8313578

Unbelievable:loopy:

I don't think they're trying to claim hathersage is in South Yorkshire - I think it's just a mistake.

Glad to see my campaign to have Derbyshire abolished as a county is gaining traction. :D

We had a school visit there once, and all the kids had their names printed out in the old lead type and yes mine was misspelt. Have kept it for posteriority though

I don't think they're trying to claim hathersage is in South Yorkshire - I think it's just a mistake.

IT does have a Sheffield post code. S 35 I think.

IT does have a Sheffield post code. S 35 I think.

I thought chapletown was s35?