The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

derbyshire times ,full of <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

Classic front page today folks.

Headline story was about flood defence in Rivelin Valley which would involve embankments as high as three double decker buses on top of each other.

Fair enough, but did they really need to 'inset' three small pictures of a double decker .... laid out one above the other.

Glad to know the embankments will only be about six inches high though.:P

Here we go again.

"Paramedics were also called to the scene, with a fence panel damaged"

Hope they brought plenty of splints

Here we go again.

"Paramedics were also called to the scene, with a fence panel damaged"

Hope they brought plenty of splints

I've now got a picture of a frenzied paramedic with defib machine trying to save a fence panel. "Don't you dare die on me" "it's too late boss, she's lost too much creosote".

Good job star!

yesterdays star reported about a woman being raped by a taxi driver . not front page news but a small column on page 7 . surely this should be front page news

Another made up story in "The Star" was in August....

It said Sheffield United had a great chance of promotion this season....

Unbelievable

It shows you that even the Star gets it right sometimes,although they were wrong in saying that they were turning Hillsborough into a shrimping ground, oh hang on - - !!

I suspect the stir are really on the brink, nowadays most stories come from elsewhere, most of their good journo's left. Stories are often days old, google stock photos are used too often, it is littered with grammar mistakes or just plain inaccurate. Then there is the advertising, takes you to all sorts of dodgy sites and is often completely inappropriate to the sensitive nature of some stories. They hardly sell any now compared to 15 years ago, mainly due to the star online but also due to the fact a lot of us locals have seen it for what it is, 2nd rate journalism.

Guest makapaka

Has anyone else noticed an improvement in the Sheffield star of late?

I think it has and there seems to be a bit more quality and professionalism in the journalism.

Not perfect by any means but definitely better.

Also like the grasss roots and green un rebooted features which are excellent for sports fans like me!

I think it has and there seems to be a bit more quality and professionalism in the journalism.

Also like the grasss roots and green un rebooted features which are excellent for sports fans like me!

The local sports coverage is very good, don't like that sort of preview page at the front though.

Errr - NO. Still very poor reporting.

the worst local paper in the uk and biased, full of non news and past head lines why revisit the past but lets not forget save our owls , garbage rag