The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

Yes but moody's gave enron 5 stars they also gave the sub prime lenders such as fanny may 5 stars.

Enron was running a massive fraud, they reported (criminally) that the business was in good health.

Had to look up the share price of fanny mae, it crashed from >$60/share to a low of $0.34 after the 2007 mortgage and banking crash and it's shares are still bumping along the bottom now.

They've got a premium space just of the High Street, presuming they own it they could earn a bunch just selling their offices. Newsprint is dead.

Mate of mine worked at Dinnington until recently as a self employed driver and they wanted to pay him £16 to deliver approx 250 papers direct to houses and out of that he had to run his own vehicle

biggest load of bull ive ever heard they get paid £21 per 100 so he would be getting £52.50 for 250 papers direct to houses but you do have to have to run your own vehicle FACT

biggest load of bull ive ever heard they get paid £21 per 100 so he would be getting £52.50 for 250 papers direct to houses but you do have to have to run your own vehicle FACT

I used to work for them so I know how poorly paid self employed drivers are paid.

When green uns was printed I was asked to do a run which comprised of me leaving my house in s5 ,going to dinnington then from there deliver to shops starting at wadsley bridge ,fox hill ,grenoside then penistone then right out to brockholes in Huddersfield area then back home. For all that they wanted to pay me £28 pound regardless how many papers I took out and out of that great sum I had to run my own vehicle

Total miles was around 85 miles

i used to work for them so i know how poorly paid self employed drivers are paid.

When green uns was printed i was asked to do a run which comprised of me leaving my house in s5 ,going to dinnington then from there deliver to shops starting at wadsley bridge ,fox hill ,grenoside then penistone then right out to brockholes in huddersfield area then back home. For all that they wanted to pay me £28 pound regardless how many papers i took out and out of that great sum i had to run my own vehicle

total miles was around 85 miles

green uns long time ago that pal bet petrol was only 50 to 60p a litre back then

also you said your mate worked there recently and was delivering house to house

---------- Post added 17-08-2016 at 18:05 ----------

Also most people on here seem to be always on the stars back for 1 thing or another

its like they want to see lots of people out of work

the sheffield star has been around a long time and i hope it continues more people should support it its our local paper i admit it is expensive at 70p but i reckon if they were selling a lot more copies the price wouldnt have got that high

and a lot of the older generation prefer a proper paper to read rather than messing around online

green uns long time ago that pal bet petrol was only 50 to 60p a litre back then

also you said your mate worked there recently and was delivering house to house

---------- Post added 17-08-2016 at 18:05 ----------

Also most people on here seem to be always on the stars back for 1 thing or another

its like they want to see lots of people out of work

the sheffield star has been around a long time and i hope it continues more people should support it its our local paper i admit it is expensive at 70p but i reckon if they were selling a lot more copies the price wouldnt have got that high

and a lot of the older generation prefer a proper paper to read rather than messing around online

Really?

My parents are both nearly 70 and have not bought a copy of the star for nearly a decade. They used to read the news on their laptop then they now have their ipads.

I know plenty of other people in the older generation category working smartphones and computers.

Much as I hate to see people losing their jobs, we have to face facts. Newspaper sales are only ever now going to be going in one direction.

I am certanly not to going to volunteer 70p a day to get my hands dirty with ink, read yesterdays stories, some gaudy adverts for local supermarkets and a handful of classifieds selling someone's garage junk.

Other publications have seen the trend a mile off and have extremely good online platforms which make them money. Unfortunately The Star (and I suspect many other JP divisions) well and truely missed the boat. Their website is buggy, slow ad-filled rubbish which despite being supposedly instantly updated (......that being the very nature of the internet), is filled with just as outdated stories as the print version.

One thing that really bugs with the star website and many others in the Johnson press family is you click on a story (mobile devices) and end up on another story, it's only these websites I have this issue, it's so of putting

one thing that really bugs with the star website and many others in the johnson press family is you click on a story (mobile devices) and end up on another story, it's only these websites i have this issue, it's so of putting

buy a paper then simples

really?

My parents are both nearly 70 and have not bought a copy of the star for nearly a decade. They used to read the news on their laptop then they now have their ipads.

I know plenty of other people in the older generation category working smartphones and computers.

Much as i hate to see people losing their jobs, we have to face facts. Newspaper sales are only ever now going to be going in one direction.

I am certanly not to going to volunteer 70p a day to get my hands dirty with ink, read yesterdays stories, some gaudy adverts for local supermarkets and a handful of classifieds selling someone's garage junk.

Other publications have seen the trend a mile off and have extremely good online platforms which make them money. Unfortunately the star (and i suspect many other jp divisions) well and truely missed the boat. Their website is buggy, slow ad-filled rubbish which despite being supposedly instantly updated (......that being the very nature of the internet), is filled with just as outdated stories as the print version.

the internet has a 1000 times more ads and 1000 times more garbage for sale

and i didnt say all the older generation either

and how do you know the print version has outdated stories if you dont read it

buy a paper then simples

Not really. It should be better then that !!