No nonsense vets?

so you want a vet that will put your dog to sleep because you don't agree with medication? Take it to a vet then and have him pts. If he's that ill then that would be the recommendation of the vet. However they are not going to suggest putting a dog to sleep because it has arthritis or an upset tummy but ultimately if you don't want blood tests and medication then that's the only other option so may have to be the one that suggests it.

I am totally aware regarding the 'to vaccinate or not' debate, however, I am also aware of how horrific watching a dog losing their life battle after contracting distemper and parvo is, ( not from my own dogs, but via working in rescue), which is why, in the past if I have had a dog become ill after vaccinations, , the following year I opted for a blood test to see if their immunity was adequate enough or not, and then come to a decision based on that, wether to vaccinate that year. There is also the homeopathic route, which I cannot comment on, as I have never gone down that path.

I sincerely hope your dog gets what they need, and you and the vet of your choice agree, without you feeling 'done' in some way. At the end of the day, money talks and if you are not happy with a vets decision/course of treatment, you can always go elsewhere, i still stand by the vets I suggested, I have never felt they have asked for anything more than what has been needed, in my opinion, and I know other forumers that will echo my opinion.

Good luck with your little one.

Hello :) how much is the blood test please?

so you want a vet that will put your dog to sleep because you don't agree with medication? Take it to a vet then and have him pts. If he's that ill then that w.....

OPs been very clear on what he's wanting, and it sounded nothing like your interpretation

Hi Moonbird, In all honesty, I can't remember the exact price, as it was over 10 years ago, however I do remember it being significantly more than just having the booster done!! Seems so unfair, doesn't it, but couldn't risk just having the vaccine, without weighing up the options. xxx

Peak Vets.

Even when my dog was terminally ill and some options were available eg remove the spleen and its tumour to give my dog maybe a couple more weeks, my Vets were happy to do it if it's what I wanted, but agreed with me that it would only prolong the inevitable, and that it was better to stop before life wasn't quality life anymore for my dog.

Even when chemo had been suggested elsewhere, my Vet was very honest and told me that cancer we suspected it was wouldn't work with chemo so it'd be a waste of money and hope.

Great Vets. I'd never go anywhere else now.

Hallam Vets on Holme lane! ask to make an appointment with Mark Hallam, wonderful vet. To the point and empathetic.

He is ill, I've lived with dogs for 34 of my 37 years and I know dogs. That is also why I need a vet who appreciates the owner's input, won't go into too many details, but being married to an international championship judge and coming from a family of breeders means I am quite particular about vets and unfortunately a lot of them don't pass that test.

It isn't about money, it is about prolonging suffering, I have seen plenty of atrocious decisions by vets in my life to know what to expect and demand. I would take him to Dr. Bontekoe in the Netherlands, but as that is quite far I was wondering if anybody here could provide me with recommended names.

As to the condition of my dog, he is drinking and peeing excessively, which could point to diabetes, kidney or liver failure, or a simple urinal tract infection (very unlikely). What I want is a vet who will get the decision right after an acceptable amount of tests (most likely just blood) and who will accept my decision on the situation.

This sounds like every vet I've ever visited tbh. I'm sure any of the practices mentioned here would be fine. Your dog will almost certainly need to provide urine and blood samples for testing, then the vet will take it from there.

What treatments you go for (if any) are up to you, the vet can only offer them, not force them on you.

So in the 8 years you've had your dog you've never took him to the vet? You might not agree with vaccinations but come on...

I agree with the PDSA, but I thought they were just for those on benefits. I had a great encounter with the emergency vets there when my dog was having trouble with pups, although ended up with a hefty 3 grand bill!

well, just like you said, the vet industry is to keep animals alive no matter what in order to make a dime out of animal suffering, more or less the way the medical industry and farmaceutics work.

So in the 8 years you've had your dog you've never took him to the vet? You might not agree with vaccinations but come on...

I agree with the PDSA, but I thought they were just for those on benefits. I had a great encounter with the emergency vets there when my dog was having trouble with pups, although ended up with a hefty 3 grand bill!

Vets Now, the out of hours vet that many vets use for emergency cover is based in the PDSA building