Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

Be carefull. Nothing wrong in being caring and loving helping people like you always do, etc etc.

But getting frustrated is a very personal thing. Do you really want to be frustrated over this, it is your life that gets affected by it.

ha ha, not quite that frustrated! More irritated perhaps.

ha ha, not quite that frustrated! More irritated perhaps.

Many of us can relate to that.

The driver of my bus today just stared blankly ahead ignoring most people getting on without making contact, he was driving fine.

When I got off, asked him if he was alright but he just kept staring strangely ahead with a frozen blank expression on his face and it looked like this man possibly had great emotional difficulties while still trying to do his job.

Hope he will be alright and feeling better this Christmas.

Something I would like to know is, I catch the 7/8/8a in the morning and back again in the evening to town and back, services which replaced the 53. When the serves was a 53 they where always double decker buses all the time, but now the 7 and 8 buses that come are only single deckers. Does anybody know why?

Something I would like to know is, I catch the 7/8/8a in the morning and back again in the evening to town and back, services which replaced the 53. When the serves was a 53 they where always double decker buses all the time, but now the 7 and 8 buses that come are only single deckers. Does anybody know why?

The Double Deckers which were used on the 53 are no longer in Sheffield they are in operation in Doncaster & they we're replaced by Single Deckers. I don't know all the in's & out's but i believe as part of the agreement the buses needed had to make certain criteria emissions/engine type/age possibly all. I don't think the Deckers along with other buses met this criteria hence the buses been transferred & alot more single deckers in operation in Sheffield.

kaylib - 100% correct. As First buy (or bought) more single deckers recently, to achieve the emission requirements of the SBP agreement, they had to do this.

Beware the Stagecoach 120 service - this morning the bus stopped at the hospital and didn't go any further. I have been getting that bus now for four months into Broomhill without a problem until today. And no I didn't check the destination board - the number has always been enough - I have always gone right through to my destination and I have never experienced the service stopping at the hospital and coming straight back. I wasn't the only person that got caught out today. They should rename that half service 120A or something to differentiate the two routes.

Beware the Stagecoach 120 service - this morning the bus stopped at the hospital and didn't go any further. I have been getting that bus now for four months into Broomhill without a problem until today. And no I didn't check the destination board - the number has always been enough - I have always gone right through to my destination and I have never experienced the service stopping at the hospital and coming straight back. I wasn't the only person that got caught out today. They should rename that half service 120A or something to differentiate the two routes.

Ive just looked at the timetable. Looks like you had the misfortune of catching the ONE service in the whole day that stops short at the hospital, the 0857 First service from Waterthorpe. Cant see any of the Stagecoach ones that do this, the timetable says they all go on up the hill to Ranmoor.

That would be just my luck! :) It was earlier though, I got on at City Road at about 8.35.

I will make sure I check before I board in future, not impressed with that half service at all!

That would be just my luck! :) It was earlier though, I got on at City Road at about 8.35.

I will make sure I check before I board in future, not impressed with that half service at all!

If you look at the timetable online you will see what I mean, only one bus all day terminates there and it's not a Stagecoach one! Maybe it had to terminate early today for operational reasons.

The early morning 120 departing Halfway at 4.35 & 5.07 only go as far as the Hallamshire.

The early morning 120 departing Halfway at 4.35 & 5.07 only go as far as the Hallamshire.

I didn't look that early :)

The bus may have been running late & had to terminate at Hospital to get it back on time.