Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

There is a Council Meeting Tomorrow over the Buses with 12,500 people sign a Petition to get the Buses back to Normal,as All the Council was trying to do cut the Buses down to stop to much Air Pollution in Sheffield,but they have not thought about the People in Sheffield trying to get to get to Work or Home,or anyone trying to get round Sheffield as it was so easy before but now so hard with the routes so hard to work out,Hope before the New Year they are back to Normal,as even some bus drivers are so angry with the changes the Council as Done

The lady who instigated the petition will be presenting it to the council meeting at 2 pm but there will be a gathering outside the Town Hall at 1:30pm if anyone would like to show their support .

The air pollution argument does not stand up anyway.

Even a half full bus carries over 30 people,only takes a few of those people to take the car when that bus goes and you have more pollution.

Also some of the new buses like the "green machines" are extremely environmentally friendly.

My bus is supposed to be approx. 7 min. on weekday in fantasy bus cloud cookoo land.

It has happened several times last week I waited 25 minutes, that would never ever happen twice in a week before the changes came along.

In fairness there has been a slight improvement on the 86 this week and some are now tracking.

I am sure that the bus companies will happily return the buses to pre November running, or sypte etc. However, there will need to be a significant price increase. My question bout the consultation isn't the lack of detail needed to make informed responses, but that there was no option to keep the buses the way they are but increase fares by x amount. Even as an additional question.

People need to realise that the level of service we had comes with a cost.

I am sure that the bus companies will happily return the buses to pre November running, or sypte etc. However, there will need to be a significant price increase. My question bout the consultation isn't the lack of detail needed to make informed responses, but that there was no option to keep the buses the way they are but increase fares by x amount. Even as an additional question.

People need to realise that the level of service we had comes with a cost.

Agree with this.

I think many would agree with a rise in price to get a good service.

Most regular uses buy a weekly/monthly ticket. At just over £10 a week for single operators this is cheap provided there is a good service imo.

From memory far from going up this price is cheaper than it was over 10 years ago.

Agree with this.

I think many would agree with a rise in price to get a good service.

Most regular uses buy a weekly/monthly ticket. At just over £10 a week for single operators this is cheap provided there is a good service imo.

From memory far from going up this price is cheaper than it was over 10 years ago.

the problem is no matter what the bus companies or sypte do it will always be a bad bus service or there will be something to complain about.

the cheaper ticket prices came at a price, no doubt if it got changed back to pre november then people will moan about the prices going up

Not happy with the bus changes at all

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 11:27 ----------

Terrible we need the 53 back

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 11:28 ----------

Bring back the 53 bus

Fed up of very rude us drivers

Had the following email from Stagecoach today -

Thank you for your patience during Sheffield's recent bus service changes

We want to thank all of our customers for bearing with us during the Sheffield bus network changes.

As we expected with such a big change there have been some 'settling down' issues with delays to services. We also always knew that such a change to buses in the city would be a challenge, but the last few weeks have been particularly difficult, especially given the number and severity of road works and the resulting traffic congestion.

We're working really hard to improve things, doing our best to make sure our services are both reliable and on time. We've got some more double decker buses for our busiest routes, and we'll be running additional journeys during peak travel times.

Working together with our colleagues in the Sheffield Bus Partnership, we're determined to tackle the issues and deliver reliably once more.

Thank you once again

The Council is now saying its the Bus Companies that should be sorting the Problems out,but will they ever do this?Sheffield town centre now is a lot more emptier than it use to be since the changes,as people are just so angry with the changes and do not want to end up stranded about waiting for buses that are too full or never turn up,Sheffield is just a Shambles now days

Bring back the 53 bus

To be fair, it's not the drivers' faults, these changes have come from much higher up. The drivers are probably as fed up as we are.

Last week I came across a grumpy driver, everyone (including myself) was asking why the bus was 50 minutes late, so I can understand why he was grumpy. When I finally got off he had cheered up (I think it was his final run before home for tea) and even wished me a lovely evening :)

Bring back the 53 bus

They are probably fed up with rude passengers.