Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

Surely SYPTE SCC etc have got this so wrong someone should be brave enough to admit its a complete shambles fall on there sword and resign.

They should do but they wont

By the ways I Wrote this before watching the you tube above.

Its so funny and correct David Young at SYPTE needs to watch it and take a long hard look at himself

David Young is leaving at the end of the month

And what a legacy he leaves behind

The 25 is operating perfect evenings and Sundays, morning peak is very hit and miss - some days they run fine, other days they are all over the place - none are missing, just late, which to be fair I think has been down to the state of the traffic coupled with the fact they are busier than before.

This morning I wasn't ready in time for the train, the buses: 08:06 departed at 08:16, the 08:18 departed at 08:29 and the 08:30 departed on time. Rather frustratingly the 08:30 turned up in the terminus before the 08:18 so everyone got on that only to see the delayed 08:18 they thought they had boarded go whizzing past without pulling in! That said the 08:30 still got to town first anyway.

I prefer the train to the bus anyway, I did so before the changes. Bit of a walk down to Dore, train can normally be relied upon to turn up roughly on time then its a 10 minute non-stop ride into town! The train fare is quite reasonable too!

Sorry mate but it not true about about evening journeys. Not between 6.40 and 7.30pm anyway....

EVERY single time I've gone out to get get bu to town at that time (5 times so far) there's been at least one bus missing, according to both timetable and liveplanner. I'd hope as a even goes on th reliability improves, but I simply can't rely on buses buses to get me home anymore to lowedges...

OK Andy, but I don't know if SYPT has that much influence anyway. As I said, as far as I'm aware, Mr Souter has said that if they try to tell him how to run his busses it would be no trouble to him to pull Stagecoach busses out of Sheffield, or indeed the whole of South Yorkshire. I would have thought that to some extent at least, that applied to First and all the other operators.

OK Andy, but I don't know if SYPT has that much influence anyway. As I said, as far as I'm aware, Mr Souter has said that if they try to tell him how to run his busses it would be no trouble to him to pull Stagecoach busses out of Sheffield, or indeed the whole of South Yorkshire. I would have thought that to some extent at least, that applied to First and all the other operators.

OK, let him do it.

OK, let him do it.

Maybe he is right after all they are the Bus company so know how best to run their services.

In my experience certainly prior to the changes Stagecoach ran a far better service than first ,more reliable cleaner buses and the staff seemed more helpful too.

Just a shame they have pulled so many of their services and we dont really know why they have decided to do so the assumption would be they were not profitable for them which is your main priority as a private company.

Ok so after a couple of weeks, are things "settling down" or not?

The buses that actually turn up bear no relation to the timetables.

The real-time trackers do not work on the majority of buses on my routes.

I've not had any long waits at bus stops or any major inconveniences, my journey is taking slightly longer than before but nothing I can't handle, but it seems really hit-and-miss as to whether a particular bus is going to arrive on time / late / early / at all. Not so bad when you've got a bus due every few minutes, but it must be a nightmare for those with only an hourly service. This lack of reliability surely cannot be allowed to continue.

Ok so after a couple of weeks, are things "settling down" or not?

The buses that actually turn up bear no relation to the timetables.

The real-time trackers do not work on the majority of buses on my routes.

I've not had any long waits at bus stops or any major inconveniences, my journey is taking slightly longer than before but nothing I can't handle, but it seems really hit-and-miss as to whether a particular bus is going to arrive on time / late / early / at all. Not so bad when you've got a bus due every few minutes, but it must be a nightmare for those with only an hourly service. This lack of reliability surely cannot be allowed to continue.

I catch the 72 service to work daily. Now this route has escaped any alterations but the bus has gone from running on time 75% of the time I catch it to 0% of the time now. It's been at least 10 minutes late or more every day since the changes came into effect elsewhere.

This is mid afternoon too. I dread to think what happens during peak times.

Ok, I've just about had enough of this fiasco now !!!!!!!

Not only has our bus service 35 (Hillsborough to Meadowhall) been cut back to an hourly service..... Which , invariably arrives significantly later than scheduled ....(providing it hasn't or will be terminated at Firth Park or worse still ,as on several occasions ,been randomly cancelled altogether)...

And the fact that we were left standing at our (supposedly alternative ???) service 97/98 stops because no one had the decency to leave any info at said bus stops telling us that we wouldn't be able to use this service because of a road resurfacing closure for the last 2 weeks and into the middle of next week too apparently.....and the diversion is even further away from us.......

BUT THEN ....what do we find today ( again with no info at bus stops ) the 35 service is now diverted this weekend because of .....traffic calming measures on Elm Lane !!!;;;!!!!

Anyone out there offering passenger calming measures by any chance .....PLEASE !!!!!

The 72 is a Rotherham bus and has nothing to do with Sheffield. I use it quite alot when I get fed up. It's probably suffering from too many passengers...

Guest busdriver1
The 72 is a Rotherham bus and has nothing to do with Sheffield. I use it quite alot when I get fed up. It's probably suffering from too many passengers...

And too much traffic congestion in Sheffield. Wonder why?

I said it hadn't been effected with any changes but it seems to be having a knock on effect anyway.