Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

Hey andy, today burngreave rd southbound at 12:50.

Six 75 doing perfect back to back icetrucker style all moving at the same time.

I have seen a lot of silly things but six of same busnumber back to back driving in middle of day is a new record for me.

Hey andy, today burngreave rd southbound at 12:50.

Six 75 doing perfect back to back icetrucker style all moving at the same time.

I have seen a lot of silly things but six of same busnumber back to back driving in middle of day is a new record for me.

Oh dear.... I would have thought they would have been 'adjusted' well before then if it was morning traffic jams that caused it.

Incidentally I got the train this morning rather than the bus. 25 minutes late due to sheep on the line...

Oh dear.... I would have thought they would have been 'adjusted' well before then if it was morning traffic jams that caused it.

Incidentally I got the train this morning rather than the bus. 25 minutes late due to sheep on the line...

At least that is a honest and acceptable explanation for being late, much better than that no driver excuse.

Edited by dutch

Andy - Just seen a poster about a public consulation. Do you know anything about this?

At least that is a honest and acceptable explanation for being late, much better than that no driver excuse.

There can be many reasons for a bus being late.

Andy - Just seen a poster about a public consulation. Do you know anything about this?

The current consultation running is for the new Doncaster Bus Parnership and proposed new network for Doncaster.

(They are just entering the process Sheffield has just completed)

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/dbp/

Ive just decided to jump on any bus on the wicker to get into the town centre as I had my suspicions about the missing buses. Sure enough I was watching out of the back window and saw a sorry not in service bus approach high street and change to a 98. It's no wonder I'm getting stranded on the wicker for almost an hour every night...first are treating it as a dead zone and ignoring the people waiting

I have never seen so many buses with "sorry not in service" driving about.

You are right about people not using the multi operator options at present Andy

Got a 218 today from bottom of Springfield Rd to town stopped twice once to let me on and again to let me off ;)

Nice clean modern bus too not long ago their buses were ancient

If they decide that it's not going back to before,and I don't think it will.then they should give us the bus service that were promised to us,a better,reliable service,not the crap we have now,come on First and Stagecoach pull ya finger out and sort it,before we all go insane!

Yes I would say the chances of them going back to what it was is close to zero.

The best we can hope for is some "tinkering" with the new set up to make it better.

I seldom go into town, but for various reasons I have had to during the last two weeks.

Is it coincidence that the car parks are all full and the roads are more congested than usual since the bus changes?

Has anyone else noticed this?