Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

I live in Totley - it's once an hour on a Sunday now - I don't really care about the majority of the route. I don't have the luxury of choosing the 97 or the 98.

The theoretical 10/13 seat reduction is a notoriously bad argument. The whole layout of the various styles of single decker buses means dozens of passengers stood up in the aisle (yes - usually more than allowed before anyone starts) and in the way of everyone else (not to mention prams) getting on/off.

Exactly.

I witnessed this on the 97 this week.

Some of the passengers were stood in the door way it was so full and made getting off and on difficult.

Really uncomfortable journey am pretty sure anyone with a choice ,as I am lucky enough to have will be taking the car if it means having to suffer that sort of journey regularly.

Big ques at bus stops at back of Atkinsons tonight and noticed an 82 go past absolutely rammed full (old first single decker)

Some drivers are clearly not up to speed with the changes either, I've been on two different routes this week where the driver has partially taken the wrong route.

Some drivers are clearly not up to speed with the changes either, I've been on two different routes this week where the driver has partially taken the wrong route.

I have seen four numbers 1a running on the number 1 route at High Green in the last two days

My daughter now takes an hour and twenty minutes to get to work now due to having to change buses and waiting for a bus. Used to take 50 minutes. She drops the kids off at breakfast club at 8am and has to be at work for 9am. Since the changes she has been late every day.

The whole change has been a shambles.

I've had more information about the changes off Andy_C than anyone in charge of this mess. I have had nothing through the letterbox.

as other people have stated the information has been patchy. And you just got a monthly ticket because your ticket ran out a week before changes for example then its going to take a while. People stick with what they know.

I'm not sure who it should be addressed to - it came up on my facebook stream so I thought I would share. I imagine the hope is that the council can then raise it with the bus providers

i ask this why is there not a 1a or 1 running after 11pm to the south area of the city so anyone going to theatre coming home from work etc hasnt got a bus utter farce

i ask this why is there not a 1a or 1 running after 11pm to the south area of the city so anyone going to theatre coming home from work etc hasnt got a bus utter farce

The old 79 always finished around 22:30 so I'm guessing the new 1 also does. On other routes however it is noticeable that evening service cuts have been slipped through quietly, allegedly this was based on passenger numbers.

I suggest a complaint to the operator concerned, contact details on their websites.

I have seen four numbers 1a running on the number 1 route at High Green in the last two days

My daughter now takes an hour and twenty minutes to get to work now due to having to change buses and waiting for a bus. Used to take 50 minutes. She drops the kids off at breakfast club at 8am and has to be at work for 9am. Since the changes she has been late every day.

The whole change has been a shambles.

I've had more information about the changes off Andy_C than anyone in charge of this mess. I have had nothing through the letterbox.

The 1 and !a have always run on the same route to High Green as far as I know. The 1 was formerly the 87 and the 1A formerly the 75, not aware of much of a time change on either route

Guest busdriver1
The old 79 always finished around 22:30 so I'm guessing the new 1 also does. On other routes however it is noticeable that evening service cuts have been slipped through quietly, allegedly this was based on passenger numbers.

I suggest a complaint to the operator concerned, contact details on their websites.

Non commercially viable services are the job of SYPTE to provide. They have plenty money to do so as they are withholding b.s.o.g. money from operators to "provide enhancements" to bus services.

The 1 and !a have always run on the same route to High Green as far as I know. The 1 was formerly the 87 and the 1A formerly the 75, not aware of much of a time change on either route

The only route change is the 1a uses Worrall Road towards High Green whereas the 75 used to use School Road.