Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

I think the underlying reason the PTE had for this weeks shambles was to get as many people to desert the bus and to go back into their cars .

Well can't wait for xmas services that's going to be interesting :)

Needed to get to Sainsbury's Archer Road from Norton today. In the past the journey was 19 to Bocking Lane and 79 / 79a to Archer Lane - 19 every 30 minutes 79 / 79a every 10 so not much waiting around.

In this brave new world it's 3 changes - 18 to Scarsdale Road, cross over Chesterfield Road to Woodseats Road for the 76 to Bocking Lane and as before. No problems with the 18 - but the 76 failed to turn up so a 20 minute wait there - then got off at Bocking Lane. Now I hadn't checked the time table of the new 85/86 sevice but the booklet tells me they are both 30 minute frequency so I expected not to have to wait more than 15 minutes. I arrived at 14.40 - the 86 was due at 15.06 and the 85 at 15.07. - And that wasn't just a one off - for most of the timetable the 85 is timed at 1 or 2 minutes behind the 86 - so they must follow each other all down Archer Lane and Abbeydale / London Road into town. Sure enough the two buses came together with the addition of a 76 between them. 25 minute wait and 3 buses come at once - but not bunching - they are TIMETABLED that way!

I think the underlying reason the PTE had for this weeks shambles was to get as many people to desert the bus and to go back into their cars .

Funny you should say that.

I took my mom to the Hallamshire this morning for tests (as happens quite often, typically 2-3 per month)

However today she had longer tests, so we decided to go up to Crookes to pass the time (This was approx 1045) the roads around that area were MUCH busier than usual, also there were noticably less buses on the roads.

Which led me to draw exactly the same conclusion.

Edited by Crosser

I just came home from holiday yestrday to discover that I had no buses to take me back to Parson Cross so I had to drag heavy suitcases and bags around to Arundel Gate. I checked the schedules this morning to see what I'll have to do in the future assuming I had just overlooked some new bus and discovered that they are ALL just alighting at the interchange! Not a single bus can be allowed to pick people up?! Why? I guess because the idiots who came up with this idea a) always take their car to the station, b) are rich enough that they use taxis and c) Would never use a BUS anyway!

What are the people who depended on public transport supposed to do in bad weather - fork out for a taxi? Well, maybe you were trying to help out those poor taxi drivers when you made that decision, but that's what I'll have to do in the future. I'm not getting any younger and it was hard work to get around to Arundel Gate.

I just came home from holiday yestrday to discover that I had no buses to take me back to Parson Cross so I had to drag heavy suitcases and bags around to Arundel Gate. I checked the schedules this morning to see what I'll have to do in the future assuming I had just overlooked some new bus and discovered that they are ALL just alighting at the interchange! Not a single bus can be allowed to pick people up?! Why? I guess because the idiots who came up with this idea a) always take their car to the station, b) are rich enough that they use taxis and c) Would never use a BUS anyway!

What are the people who depended on public transport supposed to do in bad weather - fork out for a taxi? Well, maybe you were trying to help out those poor taxi drivers when you made that decision, but that's what I'll have to do in the future. I'm not getting any younger and it was hard work to get around to Arundel Gate.

The 32/32a go from Sheffield Interchange, otherwise there are various connecting buses and trams up to the Castle Square area from the station and interchange.

Just a quick note "First have people in town" to assist travelers was posted on twitter about an hour ago . Also saying sorry as buses not quite running as planned.

The TM Travel 218 also provides a service from Totley into the City Centre, every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday and hourly on Sundays, alongside the 97.

218 timetable: http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetables/218M-151025.pdf

97/98 timetable: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179873332

The new Citybus ticket is valid on both.

No use to me with a First South Yorkshire pass that I have to use in order to get to work in Rotherham. Even if I did have a useable multi operator pass (Connect SY?) the timetables for both the 97 and 218 mean that the buses are 2 within 10 mins and then nothing for 50 mins on a Sunday - hardly useful.

It's a farce,a joke all ever do now is wait at bus stops!

Its an absolute farse i waited 45 mins for a 97 from hillsborough interchange to southey green monday tea time. There was a bus in with no lights on then the driver came put sorry not in service and went leaving a big queue at the stop. I got that fed up of waiting i rang my husband that had just come home from work to pick me up in our car. The drivers are so rude on the buses also they should be thankful they have a job. We dont all like our jobs but a job is a job and we should be thankful.:rant:

Edited by Louby62

No use to me with a First South Yorkshire pass that I have to use in order to get to work in Rotherham. Even if I did have a useable multi operator pass (Connect SY?) the timetables for both the 97 and 218 mean that the buses are 2 within 10 mins and then nothing for 50 mins on a Sunday - hardly useful.

South Yorkshire connect week, any bus or tram, £20.80

South Yorkshire connect week, any bus or tram, £20.80

Already sorted the ticket...unfortunately the crap timetable is out of my control. It's about time Stagecoach ran a service up here.