Sheffield Bus Changes

are you happy with changes to buses?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with changes to buses?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't affect me
    • Still figuring it out

This year SBP have done quite well with advertising the changes - information had been available on their site for quite a while, signs had been going up at every bus stop. They have also delivered leaflets to every house - the only thing they haven't done too well is signs on buses. All they say is 'We're joining up your bus network from 1st November' or something like that.

Yesterday the First drivers were giving a little card to each customer with a brief summary and where to go for more info. I still think printed timetables would be a help for older people but there is no sign of any being produced.

Yesterday the First drivers were giving a little card to each customer with a brief summary and where to go for more info. I still think printed timetables would be a help for older people but there is no sign of any being produced.

They said they would stop printing them a while back -along with closing smaller information centres.

I received a booklet today along with my post, informing us of the changes, new bus routes and frequencies in the area etc. It's a fantastic little booklet but it was for the West of the city (Hillsborough, Broomhill, etc) and we live in Nether Edge so not that much use to us unfortunately. It would have been great to have received one that was for the area we lived in.

I received a booklet today along with my post, informing us of the changes, new bus routes and frequencies in the area etc. It's a fantastic little booklet but it was for the West of the city (Hillsborough, Broomhill, etc) and we live in Nether Edge so not that much use to us unfortunately. It would have been great to have received one that was for the area we lived in.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/futurechanges/

You can download your booklet here.

Thanks for the link. Sadly i couldn't find the specific booklet that covers the area but I have been able to download 8 separate timetables, which help.

Printed timetables and ticket information posters will be on board the buses during launch week (next week).

I know a few 70 year old who can look up that info on their smartphone.

I know a few 70 year old who can look up that info on their smartphone.

And I know a couple of 40 year olds who can't. But many of my elderly neighbours have no idea.

And I know a couple of 40 year olds who can't. But many of my elderly neighbours have no idea.

and they will have benifitted from having the basic information through their letterbox as well as posted at all the bus stops!

and they will have benifitted from having the basic information through their letterbox as well as posted at all the bus stops!

That's true Andy, but you've only got to look at the number of people asking you questions about the new routes to see that there is still lots of confusion!

That's true Andy, but you've only got to look at the number of people asking you questions about the new routes to see that there is still lots of confusion!

I didn't say the publicity was any good, just that it has been done....