Five guys burger bar -meadowhall

I went to Five Guys just to see what the hype was about. Cost about £35 for 2 of us which is madness for what's essentially a takeaway style place. Yes it was tasty, but for me, Urban Quarter is the best burger I've eaten in Sheffield. Less expensive and a better quality burger.

What I don't get about these new set ups is the lack of table service, as most are saying the prices are top end premium. Why should I have to queue up and order at a till, I may as well be in McDonalds or JDW.

I tried Handmade Burger co and was very underwhelmed indeed. Paying the price I did, I expect some lacky to at least take my order.

I won't be going back, if I go out for the evening and have open wallet surgery for my meal, I at least expect to be sat on my ar$e when they ask me what I want.

I went to Five Guys just to see what the hype was about. Cost about £35 for 2 of us which is madness for what's essentially a takeaway style place. Yes it was tasty, but for me, Urban Quarter is the best burger I've eaten in Sheffield. Less expensive and a better quality burger.

I went to the five guys in London. I did not mind the price as I wanted to try them and it was London. I don't think I will pay the same price in Sheffield. If you know what I mean lol. I would love to try "Fatburger" I know they have opened in London and my friend did see jobs advertised for Leeds.

also, nothing is frozen there and everything is prepped on site. so fries are made fresh there, burgers and hand made, etc. so this costs to pay people to do extra work.

Are they slaughtering their own cattle in the back of the premises then?

Just another outlet for ghastly American food. They can't import the beef as the USA practice of feeding cattle growth hormones is illegal in the EU.:confused:

What I don't get about these new set ups is the lack of table service, as most are saying the prices are top end premium. Why should I have to queue up and order at a till, I may as well be in McDonalds or JDW.

I tried Handmade Burger co and was very underwhelmed indeed. Paying the price I did, I expect some lacky to at least take my order.

I won't be going back, if I go out for the evening and have open wallet surgery for my meal, I at least expect to be sat on my ar$e when they ask me what I want.

I agree matey. When paying upwards of 14 quid for a burger and fries i at least expect table service. And good service at that.

Plenty of cheap sit down restaurants in sheff.

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 13:20 ----------

I went to the five guys in London. I did not mind the price as I wanted to try them and it was London. I don't think I will pay the same price in Sheffield. If you know what I mean lol. I would love to try "Fatburger" I know they have opened in London and my friend did see jobs advertised for Leeds.

I dont get why its london prices.

it as though 5 guys ignored the local economy. Americans - maybe they think sheff is a suburb of london!

I agree matey. When paying upwards of 14 quid for a burger and fries i at least expect table service. And good service at that.

Plenty of cheap sit down restaurants in sheff.

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 13:20 ----------

I dont get why its london prices.

it as though 5 guys ignored the local economy. Americans - maybe they think sheff is a suburb of london!

I meant by the fact the charge £35 for burger and chips twice in London. It's more the less in Sheffield. Me and the fella can go to Venus in Dinnington and get a 4 course silver service meal for £39.50 for the pair of us.

I meant by the fact the charge £35 for burger and chips twice in London. It's more the less in Sheffield. Me and the fella can go to Venus in Dinnington and get a 4 course silver service meal for £39.50 for the pair of us.

I just googled it to see as Silver Service was left behind somewhere in the 80's, as is this places menus! Prawn Cocktail, melon, pate, Duck a'l orange, chicken diane and salmon alaska. It looks like the Fawlty Towers party menu......

http://www.thevenusrestaurant.com/index.html

I just googled it to see as Silver Service was left behind somewhere in the 80's, as is this places menus! Prawn Cocktail, melon, pate, Duck a'l orange, chicken diane and salmon alaska. It looks like the Fawlty Towers party menu......

Lol so it's not your cup of tea lol. Sorry if my favourite food is stuck in the 80s lol. Where do you like to eat?

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 21:48 ----------

Just realised its gone up lol. £45.90 for 2 persons!

Don't mess with Five Guys staff :shocked:

Its a rip off. I much prefer homemade burger company and they do discounts for cineworld cardholders etc

Lol so it's not your cup of tea lol. Sorry if my favourite food is stuck in the 80s lol. Where do you like to eat?

---------- Post added 15-11-2015 at 21:48 ----------

Just realised its gone up lol. £45.90 for 2 persons!

If we all liked the same thing, the world would be a very boring place. I was just amused by such an old fashioned menu, I hadn't seen one like it for so long. It must have some keen customers though if it stays open.

I went a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it. Not out for food very often so don't mind the price when we do it.