Old shops on Kilner Way Sheffield

There was a Carpet Choice which was the building which is now the bingo place, I worked there from its opening until its closing about 5 years later. Paul Eyre opened up a few yards away. this would be circa 1989ish.

Gregory and Dench Renault car dealership was on there. Opened by Wendy Craig.

Wasn't this managed by Derek Cook of- DC Cook fame?

Gregory and Dench Renault car dealership was on there. Opened by Wendy Craig.[/quote

I am sure Gregory and Dench were on the corner of Penistone Rd

and Leppings lane, opposite Law Bros. Remember collecting a company car from there.

Cannot recall the one on Kilner Way.

I was administrator for Glyn Webb right at the top from when it opened in 1996 to when it closed in 2006. Loved my job.

---------- Post added 22-11-2015 at 18:31 ----------

There wasn't a Bridges electrical shop it was comet, there wasn't a Gregory and Dench or timberland on there either, at the top was Glyn Webb, next to it was bingo (still there) there was comet, Halfords, S R Gents and at one point an American Diner in Somerfields car park when I was there.

There was definitely a Bridges electrical shop there at one time,it was the shop Gents took over.

I had a test drive in a Renault 12 when Gregory & Denches were on Kilner Way.

Not sure if they moved there from barrack hill or visa versa . Penistone Road / Leppings Lane rings a bell though.

There was a Carpet Choice which was the building which is now the bingo place, I worked there from its opening until its closing about 5 years later. Paul Eyre opened up a few yards away. this would be circa 1989ish.

Yes this was here before Glyn Webb moved in.

Gregory & Dench were where Halfords was, they also had showrooms at penistone rd/ leppings la. and where Hillsborough transport interchange is now, my mother and aunty used to work for them. Bridges was next to the gateway (later somerfields) store.

Does anybody remember the petrol station behind gateway?