RTA - Question about traffic accident (Am I being extorted)?

I've known him a while but mainly as an acquaintance - we're not what I call friends but we say "hello" that kind of thing. He seems to be a straight up guy, but you never know. I'll look at the footage and most likely just pay - Maybe I'm being over-sceptical as its 2015 and scams are rife, lol.

Thanks for the help guys - I'll just use a different drive to turn on in future.

Is there any damage on your car?

view it first and carefully check if you actually touched his car?? whats to say it looks like it from a certain angle but the damage was already there?? check for paint scuffs or bumper scuff colours

I've known him a while but mainly as an acquaintance - we're not what I call friends but we say "hello" that kind of thing. He seems to be a straight up guy, but you never know. I'll look at the footage and most likely just pay - Maybe I'm being over-sceptical as its 2015 and scams are rife, lol.

Thanks for the help guys - I'll just use a different drive to turn on in future.

why use someone else,s drive at all

Not sure what the police can do. No offences under Road traffic act as it is on private land.

It would be a civil claim if he were to make it official.

If its on his drive then its on private property and the police will do nothing and that's probably why he does not want to involve them.

Or, better still, avoid trespassing on private property and turn on the public road and/or your own drive like everyone else.