Where can i buy a cheap modular psu

hi where can i buy a cheap modular psu for my new pc ;)

Cheap and PSU usually don't go together very well.

As geared said, do not buy a cheap PSU unless you are happy to have your whole system blow up at some point.

A reliable modular PSU is not going to be £25. A reasonable non-modular is going to be around £35.

You also do not mention what hardware you are powering with the PSU/how many watts you need.

From personal experience I will NEVER spend less than £50 on a PSU, it's just not worth it.

You want to buy a modular PSU dont go for used ones unless really trusted seller. Now new ones, depending on how much power you need you may just go with semi modular. I bought semi modular overclockers branded 80 Bronze PSU, it powers up my OC 8320fx chip and radeon R9 290X, it's been 2 years already never had any problems. Small advice - if you going to buy semi modular PSU, check that cables would be braided in same color as the case, it's blends in cicely then.

From personal experience I will NEVER spend less than £50 on a PSU, it's just not worth it.

Depends on the power, there are decent ones at £35 if you aren't building a super overclocking beast.

The one in my gaming PC is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Series-Bronze-Supply/dp/B009RMP14M/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=csdprojects-21&linkCode=w01&linkId=&creativeASIN=B009RMP14M

That is more than enough for a mid-range gaming PC with something around a GTX 960, the next wattage up should handle a 970 and possibly a 980.

The one in my server is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BeQuiet-300-Power-Supply-Unit-x/dp/B00I5ZYNX2/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=csdprojects-21&linkCode=w01&linkId=&creativeASIN=B00I5ZYNX2

Picking a good PSU is really hard, all you can do is read around and try to find a manufacturer with a good reputation, hoping the models you can find are not an exception to the rule.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Yeah, I agree that Cheap and PSU are words that shouldn't go together, don't skimp on PSU, because if that goes, it could take the rest of your computer with it (I have seen it happen a few times)

my Tagan BZ900 cost me over £100 (was incorrectly priced by reseller as should have been over £150 at the time) when I bought it quite a few years ago and it is still used in my main pc.

I've just paid £75.00 for a 1000W nzxt modular psu (Gold), and that was second hand.

As many here have said, don't muck about with the PSU. I buy my hardware from advancetec.co.uk and at the moment I would only go with Corsair as they are widely recognised to make the most stable PSUs. I would personally go with a hybrid (cheaper and really doesn't make a lot of difference as the 'non-modular' cables are the ones you need regardless).

You can get a 500W from them for £53

PS: In the past I used to build with cases that came with a PSU, and as cheap as possible of course so I could spend more on the CPU! Turned out to be fatal in one case as a cheap PSU fried my system, MoBo, CPU, GPU and memory were all gone.