Winter weather 2015/2016 Megathread

So, first snow from 5am for Sheffield today, then from 8am, then midday, then not at all. At 6am this morning the met office site had been updated and it was still forecasting snow at 8am for Sheffield. If they can't forecast with only 2 hours to go, then I think they really should pack it in.

So, first snow from 5am for Sheffield today, then from 8am, then midday, then not at all. At 6am this morning the met office site had been updated and it was still forecasting snow at 8am for Sheffield. If they can't forecast with only 2 hours to go, then I think they really should pack it in.

Yep, bit of an anticlimax, by all accounts.

Best way to know what the weather is like, look outside.

Now if The Twirker was reporting snow, I'd have every confidence it was actually going to be of substance, but I'm wary of anything the Met or the Star say...

Now if The Twirker was reporting snow, I'd have every confidence it was actually going to be of substance, but I'm wary of anything the Met or the Star say...

Yes, where is "twirker" ?

He said he was having an op or something so wouldn't be on here for a while

He said he was having an op or something so wouldn't be on here for a while

Thanks for that. In case he ever takes a look on here, best wishes Twirker.

It was Twirler. Hope the guy is OK. Hope we don't get snow!

Well tonight's models show Sheffield to be on the very edge. A shift North of the weather system and we will miss out. A shift south and for people who love snow party time.

The other factor is that we will need moderate rain at least to cool atmosphere if it's light it will stay as rain.

At the present time the system doesn't look strong enough but there's time yet for this too change.

It was Twirler. Hope the guy is OK. Hope we don't get snow!

I prefer Twerker - could make for a more entertaining forecast.:hihi:

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 07:32 ----------

Well tonight's models show Sheffield to be on the very edge. A shift North of the weather system and we will miss out. A shift south and for people who love snow party time.

The other factor is that we will need moderate rain at least to cool atmosphere if it's light it will stay as rain.

At the present time the system doesn't look strong enough but there's time yet for this too change.

Thank you PIT, please keep any updates coming as I've given up with all the 'major' forecasters. :)

Awww shucks predictive text strikes again