Winter weather 2015/2016 Megathread

Abigail will hit Scotland into Thursday night and Friday. Won't effect us much but temps for the day should return close to normal for the time of year before turning very mild over the weekend

It seems that Abigail is making it's way down now, winds are insane! We have scaffolding outside our building and it's shakey :hihi::hihi:

It was bitterly cold this morning, I think due to the wind though. Although it's still nowhere near cold enough for this winter we've been promised.

Stormy and wet weather is forecast for the Sheffield area this weekend

People are advised to follow the forecasts and guidance issued by the Met Office and the Environment Agency. This includes taking extra care when out and about, particularly on roads which may be subject to flooding.In preparation, the Streets Ahead team have checked that the drainage pipes and gullies at flooding hotspots are clear; these will be checked again should the forecast worsen.They will also provide emergency assistance to properties in imminent danger of flooding. Please contact 0114 273 4567 for any assistance over the weekend. Reports of flooding can also be made using this number or you can contact the Environment Agency on 0800 807060.Guidance to prevent floodwater entering your home is available on the Environment Agency's website at*https://www.gov.uk/prepare-for-a-flood/improve-your-propertys-flood-protection*

email recieved from council

Just heard Paul Hudson on radio Sheffield reporting of winds been recorded at high Bradfield 74 mph this evening :roll:

Pretty exposed up there.

It was bad that night, I was driving towards High Bradfield after work along Kirk edge road, the wind almost blew my little car to the opposite side of the road a few times, it was pretty scary at the time and dread it now each evening. :(

Edited by lubylou12

it starts next week

Only up in the hills....

Snow from next weekend here, big change coming!

Really hope it holds off until week beg 21 dec, I am off until end of Jan then :D

Snow from next weekend here, big change coming!

marvellous i'm sure that will help my tennis elbow, shovelling the snow and gritting the paths :(

Will be a big shock to the system. Im gonna get my hand warmers ready, could be lengthy cold spell. 2010 re0peat surely not?!:o

It was very sleety/almost snow last Friday (may have been Thurs).