Would a classic video game arcade be viable in Sheffield?

Didnt they used to have a big Arcade at Meadowhall?

It might still be there. I dont go to Meadowhall

Didnt they used to have a big Arcade at Meadowhall?

It might still be there. I dont go to Meadowhall

the Arcade at Meadowhall (called the "Namco Wonderpark" at one point) hasn't been there for at least a decade.

the Arcade at Meadowhall (called the "Namco Wonderpark" at one point) hasn't been there for at least a decade.

Really that long.....ive been to Meadowhall in the last decade but defiantly not in Oasis.

Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Check out

:hihi:

Now what a coincidence that was... thanks for that! :thumbsup:

I realise it's a bit unfair and difficult to judge numbers from the video, but the place wasn't exactly heaving, was it?

Could be the time of day, or the fact that it was only an invited audience for the video... who knows?

But it's probably something for the OP to bear in mind... along with the question "Is there a lot else to do in Bury?".

Don't forget Sheffield has lots(?) of other distractions to spend your money on... :)

I'd love to have one here in Sheffield. I've got a Mame arcade cabinet, and though it's ace for games that used normal joysticks, you can't really do justice to games like Star Wars without the proper controller, or vector games like Asteroids without the CRT vector monitor.

And of course those where you sat in a car or on a bike!

I'd totally love this! Doesn't mean it would make you a ton of money though. It would make sense to have a chat with the dude in Bury.

Just been watching "King of Kong" and came up with this idea. A classy venue selling selected alcoholic drinks/coffee filled with about 20-30 classic video game cabinets, Space Invaders, Pacman, Centipede, Galaxians, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, maybe up to and including games from the early 90s like Street Fighter II. Would it be viable? Adults only, no kids allowed in, not that kids would be interested in playing classic arcade games in 2015.

It is already underway. I had this idea several years ago and have recently acquired a sizeable premises, part of which will be used for exactly this purpose. I paid a rather expensive market research company to find out if the idea is viable. The collected data was favourable - watch this space. :thumbsup:

It is already underway. I had this idea several years ago and have recently acquired a sizeable premises, part of which will be used for exactly this purpose. I paid a rather expensive market research company to find out if the idea is viable. The collected data was favourable - watch this space. :thumbsup:

Well if it's taken you several years to get around to acquiring suitable premises then I won't be holding my breath... ;)

Well if it's taken you several years to get around to acquiring suitable premises then I won't be holding my breath... ;)

Things are really moving now - you should hold your breath, it will add to the drama on opening night. :thumbsup: