Your Past Memories - Owls v Arsenal

So it's 15yrs since we played the Gunners, one of the elite of English football, what are your memories of encounters past (some might be misted by time)

Owls 3-3 Arsenal - 1988 cracking goal by Sterland 3 up at half time

Arsenal 7-1 Owls - Looking good at 1-1 at half time, obliterated in the 2nd, I left at 6-1 :hihi:

The cup games.

Hirstys rocket against the bar.

Di Canio's "shove" and Briscoe's goal.

Bould's tackle (I'm sure he'll be reminded of this tomorrow :hihi:

Always been a bit of a bogey side for us winning loads of games by the odd goal, lets hope we have some more memories from tomorrow night :)

The four replays in 1979 under big Jack. Didn't see any of them, lol. Working abroad at the time.

The four replays in 1979 under big Jack. Didn't see any of them, lol. Working abroad at the time.

Bit too distant for me those Jim been reading about em in the Star tonight, unbelievable by todays standards, one of the replays was played two days after the other!!!

Went to them all apart from the last one ,I was sat next to the radio all night and trying to get my x.wife to understand what a great achievement it would be to beat arsenal because they were such a big club,she said " oh I know they are good ,I've noticed they always seem to be top of the league on your pools coupon" bless her

Which was the one where Arsenal scored and the players picked up the goalscorer and dropped him and broke his leg?? :hihi::hihi:

Which was the one where Arsenal scored and the players picked up the goalscorer and dropped him and broke his leg?? :hihi::hihi:

Think that was the fa cup final rich.

Think that was the fa cup final rich.

I remember seeing it in the Huntman on Barnsley Rd...

Come on you gunners WABAW

It was the League Cup final Longy Tony Adams picked up Steve Morrow celebrating the win, dropped him a broke his shoulder (or it could have been arm) :hihi:

Count to 10 guys...

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 22:59 ----------

It was the League Cup final Longy Tony Adams picked up Steve Morrow celebrating the win, dropped him a broke his shoulder (or it could have been arm) :hihi:

I remember something getting broken, wasn't it a replay??

That many cup finals and trips to Wembley I got confused.:hihi:

Count to 10 guys...

I remember something getting broken, wasn't it a replay??

No it was the FA Cup in the same season that went to a replay (I can still barely look at the winning goal to this day) :(

---------- Post added 26-10-2015 at 23:12 ----------

Count to 10 guys...

Edited by top4718