Under 18 Travel Passes- School and College

We have been paying for two separate weekly passes for our daughter to get to school and get about. I looked into whether there was a citywide type but couldn't find anything so ended up paying £5 to First and £5 to Stagecoach.

Apologies to those aware - but for those not - Have a look at this

£6.50 a week. Any bus or tram in South Yorkshire. £2.50 for a day - any bus or tram. £3.60 for any bus, tram or train (day only.)

Thought I'd share.:)

Thank you rosetinted I questioned the exact same thing with my daughter! Can she purchase this ticket on the bus and if so what does she ask for?

very confused as my 16 yr old son who goes to Sheffield college 3 days a week is buying a 6.50 ticket from first bus driver and has tried to use it on a stagecoach bus to be told no!!

Does this mean there are 2 types of tickets costing the same amount.is he just asking for the wrong one.

The GETABOUT tickets are available to anyone under 18 that is resident in South Yorkshire and holds an SYPTE concessionary pass (the Megatravel child pass or 16-18 Student pass). It is valid on any bus in South Yorkshire regardless of operator plus Supertram.

Getabout Day ticket - £2.50

Getabout Day ticket plus trains - £3.60

Getabout Weekly ticket - £6.50

There are individual operator child tickets that are open to concessionary pass holders too:

Stagecoach South Yorkshire Child Dayrider, bus+tram - £2.00

Stagecoach South Yorkshire Child Weekly Megarider, bus only, £5.00

Stagecoach South Yorkshire Child Weekly Megarider, tram only, £5.50

Stagecoach South Yorkshire Child Weekly Megarider, bus+tram, £6.00

Stagecoach tram only 28 day Megarider (sold online), £20.00

Stagecoach bus+tram 28 day Megarider (sold online), £22.00

First South Yorkshire Child Day £2.00

First South Yorkshire Child Week £5.00

Both Stagecoach and First do Student tickets aimed at University students with an NUS or NUS Extra card too:

First Sheffield Student Week £8.00

Stagecoach Sheffield bus only Student Weekly Megarider £7.00

Stagecoach Supertram NUS Extra 28 day Megarider (sold online) £37.00

There are also term and academic year student tickets sold online.

All the day and weekly tickets shown above are sold by bus drivers and tram conductors as appropriate, the relevant ID must be shown both at the time of purchase and when travelling.

---------- Post added 27-10-2015 at 11:05 ----------

Also don't forget many bus routes and timetables change next week, from Sunday 1st November (there are no changes to dedicated school buses).