Best Place to go shopping for a Travel System?

I would like to go have a look at some baby travel systems this weekend (car seat/pram combo).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We are expecting in January and need to get an isofix base, isofix compatible car seat, and compatible pram.

Is there a big factory outlet near Rotherham?

I would like to go have a look at some baby travel systems this weekend (car seat/pram combo).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We are expecting in January and need to get an isofix base, isofix compatible car seat, and compatible pram.

Is there a big factory outlet near Rotherham?

Kiddicare was brilliant but it closed :(

I think the best thing you can do is look around mothercare, babies r us etc and try out the prams. Fold them, try out the different combinations etc get a feel to what you like and then buy online :)

It all depends on your budget, how long you want the pram for etc.

Thanks Lauren :)

First time parents here, so we want the pram for... um... however long a baby needs a pram for?! Haha! No idea!

I've found a travel system online that looks great and is a bargain but nowhere seems to stock it for me to have a look, and people have been warning me not to buy something I haven't been able to play with first.

http://www.icklebubba.com/pushchairs-and-travel-systems/stomp-v2-travel-system

(They sell this in Costco for £299)

There's a mamas and papas outlet at Huddersfield which is definitely worth a visit.

I made the mistake with my first child of not testing out the pram. Definitely try before you buy!

I think with your first maybe one which has a two way facing pushchair which lies flat and has accessories to make it into a 'pram' but with the option of taking it off the chassis to put a car seat or a newborn carry cot. A lightweight one could then be bought for when the child is going on 2, maybe just a cheapish umbrella fold one which you could also use beforehand for holidays without worrying about the expensive one getting damaged on a plane!

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 21:47 ----------

also don't forget to compare weights, how easy it is to fold/unfold/interchange all the extra attachments etc