Jim Phipps post of Facebook

You say you cannot buy success, i,v e said you can. I don,t give a hoot what your team does.

Then kindly leave this United thread, sunshine.

and I actually said instant success. :)

Blackburn was as instant as your going to get. Grow up and keep you thread.

Blackburn was as instant as your going to get. Grow up and keep you thread.

Which is why I pointed out it was 20 years ago, times change, not as easy to buy success these days, pal.

Throwing cash around doesn't bring instant success.
Neither does constantly selling all your best players :hihi:

Neither does constantly selling all your best players :hihi:

Correct, which is why we need to stop doing it.

Which is why I pointed out it was 20 years ago, times change, not as easy to buy success these days, pal.

I think if you look at the top 4 in the premier,they're all big spenders.

Its hard work trying not to post on this thread again :rant:

Its hard work trying not to post on this thread again :rant:

... but well worth it for the rest of us! :D

I think if you look at the top 4 in the premier,they're all big spenders.

Correct which is why is hard to buy instant success, due to the bigger teams in the PL having a greater pull. Thus creating a knock on effect down the leagues. 20 years ago who did Blackburn have to compete against money wise ? This was before the 'top four' which is now more like a top 5 or even 6.

Its all about opinions old lad...and if everyones was the same it wouldnt make much of a forum....

My opinion was you paid over the odds on two players...nothing more

Now if you want to use my comments on the value of said two players to back up your argument then you "knock yourself out"..

At the end of the day,with rich owners,regardless of whether its Wednesday,United,Rotherham,Chesterfield et al you would at the very least expect progress in terms of on the pitch improvement plus improvements around the ground/training facilities etc...

To be fair,United havent improved much on the pitch since your current owners took over...i.e your still in the pub league and changing managers..this season may well end up successful..but .its not much to show considering Jim Phipps comments of overall investment...

I'm happy enough that your opinion is making other Wednesday fans opinions on this subject redundant..............and vice versa.You just decide between you which one is right.I'll just continue to point out the inconsistencies in the opinions.

I'm happy enough that your opinion is making other Wednesday fans opinions on this subject redundant..............and vice versa.You just decide between you which one is right.I'll just continue to point out the inconsistencies in the opinions.

there is no wrong and right, opinions are just that "personal opinions" and everybodys are different

think thats my one and only post on this thread :P

there is no wrong and right, opinions are just that "personal opinions" and everybodys are different

think thats my one and only post on this thread :P

That's great,if none of them are wrong or right,I can just point out the inconsistencies anyway..........let's carry on.

---------- Post added 31-10-2015 at 13:27 ----------

That's surely a question NO one person can answer. Transfer fees these days are undisclosed and the wages of players signed are anybody's guess.

If the wages of players is going to be brought in as evidence that owners are backing their managers and investing in their teams,then every club paying their players are doing that.

The only way that Blades owners can be criticised on this point,and accused of not investing enough money in the team, is if they were paying the players considerably lower wages than other tin pot teams did their players...........are they?

Edited by chalga