Jim Phipps post of Facebook

I think you need to be able to at least understand posts and learn not to take everything literally before you reply in future.

This is my last post on this thread so i'll leave you with this as you cant help but make comparisons to the mighty Owls:

Sheffield Wednesday have had a major investor in place since January with the close season and the start of this season being the main times of effect, the club has made vast improvements in the playing staff and started to improve other aspects of the club/ground over time, in the short term this investment is paying dividends, nothing to say it will last but the signs are good with a current unbeaten run.

Sheffield United have had a major investor in place since Sept 2013, no major impact signings have been made in subsequant transfer windows, they have a new pitch and blades might be able to mention other more behind the scenes changes, signings have been made - Brayford, Done and Sharp (arguably) being the main ones but highly rated players have also been let go in that time for various reasons and the squad still does not appear to have enough depth to compete in what is in most peoples opinion a fairly weak L1 and have not had in previous seasons either.

I don't need stats to back this up, this is based on events of the last two season and current form in this one, it could all change but I can only speak of the past and present.

Thank you and goodnight :help:

Your argument was [is] that the owners had not backed managers,it changed to that,or it hadn't been invested correctly,then it changed to selling players,now it's buying major impact players,so the goalposts are moving from post to post...........all without any figures to back it up,and claiming that you don't need figures to back up your [original] argument that the owners had not backed managers.How you expect to be taken seriously with your claim without any figures to back it up,I have no idea..........but I don't think you are a lawyer are you?...........I might be wrong,you might be a very unsuccessful one.

You have dug yourself a giant hole,but it is good to see that you have finally put down the spade and made a tactical withdrawal,having left yourself with nowhere to go,except take some backward steps, get behind your curtains and close them.

Question still not answered,but it is open to anyone.........how much did Wednesday spend on their team to get out of the tin pot,and how much have our owners backed our managers with to try to get out?

Question still not answered,but it is open to anyone.........how much did Wednesday spend on their team to get out of the tin pot,and how much have our owners backed our managers with to try to get out?

That's surely a question NO one person can answer. Transfer fees these days are undisclosed and the wages of players signed are anybody's guess.

I'm not an accountant so even looking at uniteds book I wouldn't know what investment has gone into the first team, Phipps's message doesn't tell me that either, the current league position and reasonably regular sale of players would suggest that (only suggest) that something is awry at the club, I'm posting on this forum in the forlorn hope that some United fans may join in the debate and perhaps enlighten the rest of us, what you and some others tend to do is go on the defensive and start muck raking old news about the Owls, I can only say and react to what I see and read about Sheffield United and form opinions, it's up to United fans who choose to contribute to a mixed forum to offer alternate opinions, not to get in a flap about it.

The thread about our chairman (last time I looked) was a reasonable debate with contributions from both side, look and learn.

You could always have a 1-on-1 with Jim and he'll make it crystal... But that ain't gonna happen is it, top.

That's surely a question NO one person can answer. Transfer fees these days are undisclosed and the wages of players signed are anybody's guess.

Apart from the £1.5 Million for John Brayford and the £600,000 we paid for Billy Sharp but according to at least one owl says no major money has been invested in the Blades.

Again I will ask when was the last time a League one club payed £1.5 Million for a player ?

Oh and I forgot , our new pitch was free right ?

Apart from the £1.5 Million for John Brayford and the £600,000 we paid for Billy Sharp but according to at least one owl says no major money has been invested in the Blades.

Again I will ask when was the last time a League one club payed £1.5 Million for a player ?

That doesn't count !!! :hihi:

As ya know im a owl , I just read what JP Said , I think its good that hes open and stated things , im not saying hes straight down line as I don't know the bloke or not a utd fan .

As ya know im a owl , I just read what JP Said , I think its good that hes open and stated things , im not saying hes straight down line as I don't know the bloke or not a utd fan .

As has been stated , hes very transparent and listens to the fans.

He can often be found having a pint with fans in the cricks before matches.

He also has a boss ( The Prince ) to answer to and so yes he might tell us what we want to hear but, hes readily available and not too often will he disappear when its gone horribly wrong , and he will also say that hes flying out and wont be available for a few days.

Its refreshing for the Blades to have this fella in charge and I for one will back his decisions to the hilt

So taking the money received in transfers into consideration ,they have invested nowt:hihi:

So taking the money received in transfers into consideration ,they have invested nowt:hihi:

And paid vastly inflated fees on both players....

£1.5million for Brayford..?..Cardiff saw you coming with that one....

I thought that money went into hotels or pockets and wasn't re invested in the team?,now it's re invested in the team...........just the 3 ways that Owls fans want to have it when it suits them.........how many more will they come up with?:D

---------- Post added 29-10-2015 at 16:19 ----------

And paid vastly inflated fees on both players....

£1.5million for Brayford..?..Cardiff saw you coming with that one....

So from one saying that we have not backed managers enough,another one is saying we paid too much...........you need to make your minds up.

I stopped reading this thread when you all got snippy (early on then) but I have just read the above chalga.

Surely you meant to say "Which one of you is right?" instead of 'you need to make your minds up'. Just because Gazza and Sheridan are both Wednesday fans doesn't mean they are one mind does it?

I stopped reading this thread when you all got snippy (early on then) but I have just read the above chalga.

Surely you meant to say "Which one of you is right?" instead of 'you need to make your minds up'. Just because Gazza and Sheridan are both Wednesday fans doesn't mean they are one mind does it?

There's only 1 person with a mind like Gazzas miss, and it's not a place for the faint hearted:hihi: