Jim Phipps post of Facebook

But to be fair,hes not worrying about it is he,its just a discussion but certain blades don't seem to accept that whenever anything negative is said,but I agree its not a matter of life and death.

But what he has been banging on about for years now has indeed become an obsession,as most Blades now agree.

Why would I,for one,be up in arms about the Blades and their current position,like he keeps saying we should be,as though everybody should be down there mob handed and demanding 'the truth' on an almost daily basis?

Chill out man,it's football,you take the rough with the smooth............win,lose or draw i've moved on to other things a couple of hours after the game,I'm not paid to worry about the Blades,other people are,life goes on in much the same way that it would if we were top of the PL.............my guess is that this guy would still be posting negative stuff about the Blades if we had won the Champions League.

But to be fair,hes not worrying about it is he,its just a discussion but certain blades don't seem to accept that whenever anything negative is said,but I agree its not a matter of life and death.

Well said Gazza, lets not kid ourselves the blades are too big a team to be in L1, are cash rich and debt free, they have a proven manager and good support, the fact that they are still in L1 and on current form struggling is a point worth debating and what makes this forum unique is that you get cross city views on subjects like this, just burying your head in the sand and pointing out age old problems with your rivals solves nothing.

Well said Gazza, lets not kid ourselves the blades are too big a team to be in L1, are cash rich and debt free, they have a proven manager and good support, the fact that they are still in L1 and on current form struggling is a point worth debating and what makes this forum unique is that you get cross city views on subjects like this, just burying your head in the sand and pointing out age old problems with your rivals solves nothing.

Let's not forget the blades are not the only team not too big to be in L1 - the owls were there not long back, and if they go down a similar route as when they were last in the Prem, blowing money on substandard managers and players, there's no guarantee they won't again. Both Blackpool and Wigan were in the PL recently, and they're in L1 now. You've all seen enough at S6 over the last 15 years to know just how bad it can get.

We're in L1 purely and simply due to not getting enough points for automatic, and then leaving far too much to do against Swindon in the playoffs. We may go up this season, we may not - far too long to go now - but for certain, a bit of poor form in October won't be the deciding factor. The owls followed a run of games without a win with the current good run - and there's no reason the blades won't do the same if and when they sort out that defence. But if we stay down, so be it - we've had these voices of doom for most of the last five years, but we're still in there fighting.

Far too early to say whether Adkins or Carlos are good, bad or average in Sheffield - they're both in contention at the top end of their divisions, so that can't be a bad sign.

Adkins is a proven manager, Carlos is in other countries. Both teams have excellent support, given the dire years of much of the last decade.

It's a shame some can't just be happy with their own good fortune, but that goes both ways...

But what he has been banging on about for years now has indeed become an obsession,as most Blades now agree.

Why would I,for one,be up in arms about the Blades and their current position,like he keeps saying we should be,as though everybody should be down there mob handed and demanding 'the truth' on an almost daily basis?

Chill out man,it's football,you take the rough with the smooth............win,lose or draw i've moved on to other things a couple of hours after the game,I'm not paid to worry about the Blades,other people are,life goes on in much the same way that it would if we were top of the PL.............my guess is that this guy would still be posting negative stuff about the Blades if we had won the Champions League.

:hihi:

Some people are only happy when they're miserable! :thumbsup:

Leave the forum and join a blades only one then, I'm not on Owlstalk as the one sided and extreme views make it pointless, you also tend to get quite irate for someone who claims not to be bothered. If your not bothered whether your team is top or bottom than why bother supporting them.

Leave the forum and join a blades only one then, I'm not on Owlstalk as the one sided and extreme views make it pointless, you also tend to get quite irate for someone who claims not to be bothered. If your not bothered whether your team is top or bottom than why bother supporting them.

I thought supporting a team whether they were top or bottom was what football supporting was all about.

I don't get irate,I just ask you to back up your criticism of Blades owners with facts,something which you have been unable to do,you are claiming stuff that needs to be backed up with facts and figures and said you are not interested in the figures,so how can you prove what you are claiming?

You have your opinion,and that's it,so I don't have a problem with that,because it's fact free opinion.

And as for one sided and extreme views...........have a look in the mirror mate.

Oh.and by the way,you're already backtracking on what you are claiming about the owners,in another post you mentioned that the money either has not been enough,or...........not invested correctly,wheareas before it was just not enough money...........make your mind up,it has been noticed.

Edited by chalga

OK instead of criticising the blades owners/manager/players etc,lets just appreciate just how good a job Milan manderic and dave jones/stuart gray did of getting us to the championship and slowly improve us year on year with very limited funds.

OK instead of criticising the blades owners/manager/players etc,lets just appreciate just how good a job Milan manderic and dave jones/stuart gray did of getting us to the championship and slowly improve us year on year with very limited funds.

That's it, be positive about your own lot rather than just cheap shots at the other side! :)

I thought supporting a team whether they were top or bottom was what football supporting was all about.

I don't get irate,I just ask you to back up your criticism of Blades owners with facts,something which you have been unable to do,you are claiming stuff that needs to be backed up with facts and figures and said you are not interested in the figures,so how can you prove what you are claiming?

You have your opinion,and that's it,so I don't have a problem with that,because it's fact free opinion.

And as for one sided and extreme views...........have a look in the mirror mate.

Oh.and by the way,you're already backtracking on what you are claiming about the owners,in another post you mentioned that the money either has not been enough,or...........not invested correctly,wheareas before it was just not enough money...........make your mind up,it has been noticed.

I'm not an accountant so even looking at uniteds book I wouldn't know what investment has gone into the first team, Phipps's message doesn't tell me that either, the current league position and reasonably regular sale of players would suggest that (only suggest) that something is awry at the club, I'm posting on this forum in the forlorn hope that some United fans may join in the debate and perhaps enlighten the rest of us, what you and some others tend to do is go on the defensive and start muck raking old news about the Owls, I can only say and react to what I see and read about Sheffield United and form opinions, it's up to United fans who choose to contribute to a mixed forum to offer alternate opinions, not to get in a flap about it.

The thread about our chairman (last time I looked) was a reasonable debate with contributions from both side, look and learn.

I'm not an accountant so even looking at uniteds book I wouldn't know what investment has gone into the first team, Phipps's message doesn't tell me that either, the current league position and reasonably regular sale of players would suggest that (only suggest) that something is awry at the club, I'm posting on this forum in the forlorn hope that some United fans may join in the debate and perhaps enlighten the rest of us, what you and some others tend to do is go on the defensive and start muck raking old news about the Owls, I can only say and react to what I see and read about Sheffield United and form opinions, it's up to United fans who choose to contribute to a mixed forum to offer alternate opinions, not to get in a flap about it.

The thread about our chairman (last time I looked) was a reasonable debate with contributions from both side, look and learn.

First of all,Blades are not going to be lectured on running a club from somebody who supports a team who got run into the ground by owners not long ago,but now feels emboldened enough by a change in circumstances to break cover and start criticising our owners.

You are criticising the investment of our owners into the team,and have been doing for years now,now you are saying that you have no idea what investment has gone into the first team,so again,you've just derailed your own argument.

Now you are again shifting the goalposts to the sale of players,something is wrong with selling players............what is there to enlighten you about?..............clubs sell players,players have ambition,they want to earn more and play at a higher level,usually,as soon as possible..........it's a fact of football life.........what is the big mystery that you need enlightenment on?

The thread where I assume it was a dig at our chairman but then you will say NO it wasn't even though it was.

Oh so now you aren't an accountant but you were all knowing about Uniteds lack of spending etc just a few short hours ago.

We spent £1.5 Million on Brayford and £600,000 on Billy Sharp , I don't know if I got a reply from you about our lack of spending but , I did see the comment about us selling players which should be PLAYER as there is only Murphy I am aware of this season.

6th in League one isn't something I am worried about , If we get to wembley for a playoff final this season , I will be there again cheering on the Blades win or lose and if we lost AGAIN :hihi: I would still be a Blade when I woke up the next morning.

Not in a flap to be honest Top , I think you are making things out to be worse than they are at BDTBL ...

Would I like the Blades to be running away with the league this season ...SURE I WOULD , did I think they would NO

Long way to get yet , Its still only October and 31 matches and 93 points to play for :D

First of all,Blades are not going to be lectured on running a club from somebody who supports a team who got run into the ground by owners not long ago,but now feels emboldened enough by a change in circumstances to break cover and start criticising our owners.

You are criticising the investment of our owners into the team,and have been doing for years now,now you are saying that you have no idea what investment has gone into the first team,so again,you've just derailed your own argument.

Now you are again shifting the goalposts to the sale of players,something is wrong with selling players............what is there to enlighten you about?..............clubs sell players,players have ambition,they want to earn more and play at a higher level,usually,as soon as possible..........it's a fact of football life.........what is the big mystery that you need enlightenment on?

I think you need to be able to at least understand posts and learn not to take everything literally before you reply in future.

This is my last post on this thread so i'll leave you with this as you cant help but make comparisons to the mighty Owls:

Sheffield Wednesday have had a major investor in place since January with the close season and the start of this season being the main times of effect, the club has made vast improvements in the playing staff and started to improve other aspects of the club/ground over time, in the short term this investment is paying dividends, nothing to say it will last but the signs are good with a current unbeaten run.

Sheffield United have had a major investor in place since Sept 2013, no major impact signings have been made in subsequant transfer windows, they have a new pitch and blades might be able to mention other more behind the scenes changes, signings have been made - Brayford, Done and Sharp (arguably) being the main ones but highly rated players have also been let go in that time for various reasons and the squad still does not appear to have enough depth to compete in what is in most peoples opinion a fairly weak L1 and have not had in previous seasons either.

I don't need stats to back this up, this is based on events of the last two season and current form in this one, it could all change but I can only speak of the past and present.

Thank you and goodnight :help: