Talk Talk hacked

They are telling members to change their password but two of my friends tell me that they can't get on the member centre to do this as TT have taken the site down.

@RickyM - how long do you have left on your contract? Knowing TalkTalk I doubt very much that they will waive the cancellation fee. From experience, I would say that they will insist on every penny piece being paid back, despite the security breach. The only thing that you can do is just sit it out and wait. It's doubtful, but perhaps they might come up with some sort of compensation. As for Sky, there are a few threads around the forum from people who seem to be having problems so do check first.

No worries, it is my job ;)

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 17:04 ----------

Thanks Ricky![/QUOTE]

You're welcome:)

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 17:53 ----------

They are telling members to change their password but two of my friends tell me that they can't get on the member centre to do this as TT have taken the site down.

@RickyM - how long do you have left on your contract? Knowing TalkTalk I doubt very much that they will waive the cancellation fee. From experience, I would say that they will insist on every penny piece being paid back, despite the security breach. The only thing that you can do is just sit it out and wait. It's doubtful, but perhaps they might come up with some sort of compensation. As for Sky, there are a few threads around the forum from people who seem to be having problems so do check first.

I've not even received an email from TalkTalk about the 'breach'.

I joined in June on an 18 month contract - so it will be 14 months:mad:

I'll see how things go as they might feel complied to offer an easy way out of a contract and then try to convince me to stay, which I wont.

Iv been trying to change my password it's impossible at the moment but I will as soon as I can and also I'm ringing them ASAP and ending my contract my daughter is with ee she left talk talk to do this and said it's a lot better service etc with this company

Why do we need to change passwords, they are stored as hash codes. The only data missing in unencrypted like bank details, email addresses. They said the attack was Wednesday morning but I bet it was earlier as I was getting emails from PayPal to confirm a skype subscription I never did.

Why do we need to change passwords, they are stored as hash codes. The only data missing in unencrypted like bank details, email addresses. They said the attack was Wednesday morning but I bet it was earlier as I was getting emails from PayPal to confirm a skype subscription I never did.

The danger is though is that fraudsters will have the ability to take out loans and credit cards etc.

I'm switching to Sky - just rang them up and got the switching process rolling. I'm grateful TalkTalk sent me an email on the 24th of September informing me of an increase. I have 30 days from them to switch (or begin the process) so at least it occurred at the right time.

So no need to change password then

It will still be worth doing as they'll be able to use you Myaccount facility to acquire phone records and other bank details (assuming they're changed) and apply for further loans and credit cards.

If you think about this for a second, bank account details should be fully encrypted... and weren't.

Change your passwords, just to be safe. You should change them every few months at least anyway, might as well get ahead for Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about TT being hacked.... WHEN (not if) the government networks are breached...

1) The hackers will know EVERYTHING about you.

2) The government won't tell you about it.

Worried yet?

I bloody am!!

We could all be at risk from cyber attacks in the future according to what's been reported on the ITN news.

Talktalk hack-10 things you can do to protect yourself online. http://wwwhttps://www.getsafeonline.org/.itv.com/news/2015-10-23/10-things-individuals-can-do-to-protect-their-online-data/

Get Safe Online. https://www.getsafeonline.org/

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 22:39 ----------

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-23/10-things-individuals-can-do-to-protect-their-online-data/

Iv been trying to change my password it's impossible at the moment but I will as soon as I can and also I'm ringing them ASAP and ending my contract my daughter is with ee she left talk talk to do this and said it's a lot better service etc with this company

Why would you end your contract you nutter? Every service provider is equally at risk. Out of the frying pan.....

I think this will be a huge wake up call for many big company's and they will start giving security a much higher priority and spending more money on it.