Wednesday v Arsenal (27th Oct)

Not sure if this has been posted (or if anyone cares) but there's a nice write-up about Carlos (and Wednesday) in the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/26/carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-jose-mourinho-capital-one-cup-arsenal

The Independent did a big story the other day nice to see the Owls hitting the headlines in the spread sheets.

Just wanna say Good Luck to you guys against Arsenal, gonna be a toughie and on paper, a loss, but you never know, i didn't expect us to beat some of the teams in the cup games, but we did. Fingers crossed for you...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just wanna say Good Luck to you guys against Arsenal, gonna be a toughie and on paper, a loss, but you never know, i didn't expect us to beat some of the teams in the cup games, but we did. Fingers crossed for you...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers rich ,and I know you are being genuine ,good on ya.:)

Cheers rich ,and I know you are being genuine ,good on ya.:)

You know me Gazza..:thumbsup: Been told by my 2 blue daughters that we all have to sit and watch seeing as i won't take them, my punishment...:hihi::hihi:

Andy - give it a rest please pal - no need for that rubbish is there - really? How many threads is this you have tried to get a bite on?

No one wants to play with you.

Thanks Longy. As I have said if I get to watch an entertaining game tomorrow night I will be happy.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this already, but I'd like to make a comparison (which is on topic as it relates to Sheffield Wednesday v Arsenal tonight).

A Sheffield club playing in the second tier of English football, playing against Arsenal. On a midweek night. In the fourth round of the League cup.

And it attracts a crowd approaching 35,000.

Fantastic.

That's the way it should be for a Massive club getting back on it's feet.

HOWEVER..........

Take a look at this little snippet from history:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7065196.stm

A Sheffield club playing in the second tier of English football, playing against Arsenal. On a midweek night. In the fourth round of the League cup.

And it attracts a crowd approaching 17,000.

That's not even half of 35,000. And ours is on telly.

Why such a difference?

Edited by F. Sidebottom

Thanks Mr Longy , And because of posters like you I hope United get promoted.

I have to say I'm not confident about this.

I was until Arsenal beat Bayern last week.

But that's made me change my opinion now - I'm being far more pessimistic.

2-0 Owls.

I'm not sure if anyone else has done this already, but I'd like to make a comparison.

A Sheffield club playing in the second tier of English football, playing against Arsenal. On a Tuesday night. In the fourth round of the League cup.

And it attracts a crowd approaching 35,000.

Fantastic.

That's the way it should be for a Massive club getting back on it's feet.

HOWEVER..........

Take a look at this little gem from history:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7065196.stm

A Sheffield club playing in the second tier of English football, playing against Arsenal. On a Tuesday night. In the fourth round of the League cup.

And it attracts a crowd approaching 17,000.

That's not even half of 35,000.

Argument over. For good.

:hihi:

I don't suppose for one moment you've considered why you'll get such a big crowd?

Could it possibly be something to do with the fact that supporters that have been priced out of attending every game are taking the opportunity to see one of the best teams in the country (that's Arsenal btw ;)) by attending one of only a handful of games they can now afford? :huh:

... nah, far too obvious... :roll:

I have to say I'm not confident about this.

I was until Arsenal beat Bayern last week.

But that's made me change my opinion now - I'm being far more pessimistic.

2-0 Owls.

I am just hoping that the win against Bayern and that the Gunners are 2nd in PL will mean old Arsene will have readjusted his priorities and hope that the league cup isn't one of them.