Wednesday v Arsenal (27th Oct)

Can't single out any players - it was a truly super team performance. We worked the goals well - it wasn't against the run of play at all. After the first 18 (not 26 - sorry sheff71-but thanks for wishing us well earlier :) ) minutes we were the bosses! Yes, I have had a couple and yes I am buzzing - what a night - didn't care a jot about the rain walking back through the park to the car - a night to remember and cherish. How wonderful it was to see my beloved ground almost full. Hat's off to the Arsenal fans who maintained the singing and support of their team even at 0-3 down.

I must have missed whatever happened on 18 minutes - it had been pretty uneventful to that point. :D I said 26 minutes as that was just before the first goal, and prior to that, Arsenal looked comfortable (as did the owls).

Would you prefer another big team at S6 (e.g. Man U/City, Liverpool) or one where you would fancy your chances more (e.g. Hull, Boro, Villa?). I'd think Stoke away would be one to avoid, no glamour there. :)

No glamour at Stoke - would prefer another home game to Man Utd or Everton maybe? Don't care if we go out next round just so happy about tonight :)

As you say we were comfy too - they didn't threaten Joe W - he only had one save to make (and what a corker that was) all match.

No glamour at Stoke - would prefer another home game to Man Utd or Everton maybe? Don't care if we go out next round just so happy about tonight :)

As you say we were comfy too - they didn't threaten Joe W - he only had one save to make (and what a corker that was) all match.

They were ****e, can't believe they are 2nd in prem, Blades would have taken em apart...:hihi:

Didn't get much sleep..yep this is still real this morning!

Congratulations, about time you went on a Cup run.

Now sober my thoughts,a briiliant performance by all of the team,difficult to single one out,the football was sublime and Arsenal had no answer to us.

A lot of doubters must now be looking at CC and thinking we have the right guy,like what he said about Arsenal,they have a squad and if not good enough shouldn't be there.

With Hooper coming think Big Dave must play out of his skin or on his way.

Oh and a lot of the colour green on here but the future is blue.:thumbsup:

Now sober my thoughts,a briiliant performance by all of the team,difficult to single one out,the football was sublime and Arsenal had no answer to us.

A lot of doubters must now be looking at CC and thinking we have the right guy,like what he said about Arsenal,they have a squad and if not good enough shouldn't be there.

I thought the future was Orange ?

Let's hope we do sheff - it would help if the prices came down a bit - although Saturdays game against Forest is a category 'E' match - Lord knows how they work out the categories! I do hope we play as well on Saturday as we did tonight - good tactics by CC - despite what a lot were saying before kick off - in his post match interview he explained his idea behind it very well.

Off for sweet dreams now fellas - early start tomorrow and I have a Forest fan colleague to torment :hihi:

Oh before I go - I have to have me a play with Longy's nana's too! ;):hihi:

:banana::banana::banana:

I have 2 arsenal fans at work to torment :P

Go Mel - I think we can make the most of today :)

I do hope we can recreate that performance on Saturday. UTO's!

Go Mel - I think we can make the most of today :)

I do hope we can recreate that performance on Saturday. UTO's!

No idea why not

Unless we do a "blades" and only pump ourselves up for cup games lol

What a brilliant night for the team and their fans , great summing up by dobby as it all happened. Last night's performance has been coming the last few weeks and couldn't have

come at a better time than against the Arsenal. Every player gave their all , built around a rock solid defence , the midfield trio of Bannan , Lee and Wallace must be the best in the Championship with hard working Joao up front. All in front of the best crowd at Hillsborough for many years , over 35,000 paying customers and also with SKY coverage.

Great to be in the 1/4 finals , would be nice to get another home draw tonight.

Unbeaten in 9 in all competitions, would be nice to get it into double figures this Saturday

v Forest.

Its brilliant to be an Owl at the present time, let's all enjoy it while we can.:)

What can i add to what has already been said, it as to be up there with the best what i,ve seen in fifty seven years as an Owls fan. A great night, and may they be many more.