Wednesday v Arsenal (27th Oct)

Great result tonight, especially that beautiful first goal. Bring on Forest because we're on a roll right now... :D

Everton, Stoke, Hull and the owls through so far...so chance of another winnable game next up. All the remaining big teams are playing tomorrow, Liverpool, Man City and United, and our friends from Southampton :)

City away and the chance to put things right from last season?

Just walked in to the hotel and checked news in the hotel bar, was the ref from parson cross? Just kidding, shame it want Chelsea as it might have been the end of the mardy bum Mourhino!

Good result, although not like our legendary cup exploits :)

To Gaz, Webbo, Nervo, Jim, Billy Caspar, etc. Hope you all had a good night, oh and Hotmale of course (soz pal)

Brilliant result,the futures blue and white,Mark my words.

Listened to most of the commentary and arsenal barely threatened. Played very well and didn't give them an inch. Hopefully keep the run going for longer but cc is starting to show he may well be the right guy for the job. Still won't be judging until Xmas but so far I'm a happy owl:)

A great occasion with a great performance to follow unfair really to single any players out but the midfield of Lee, Wallace, Bannan and the immense Hutchinson (leave him alone) was superb, credit to young Joe in goal and every Owls player on the pitch, CC is winning friends with every game (I had my doubts) and the football is a joy to watch.

The futures most certainly blue & white WAWAW.

and the football is a joy to watch.

Snipped a lot Top sorry, but those 8 words sum it up to me. Not since the 90s have I seen Wednesday play like this :)

Did Carlos outwit Wenger?

He was dropping hints all week that the team for tonight would be similar to the one that won at Newcastle but ended up playing the strongest side available. Did Wenger pick a weaker team than he otherwise would have done?

.......who cares? :hihi:

Snipped a lot Top sorry, but those 8 words sum it up to me. Not since the 90s have I seen Wednesday play like this :)

At times tonight mate it took me right back to our 90's best, superb.

Can't single out any players - it was a truly super team performance. We worked the goals well - it wasn't against the run of play at all. After the first 18 (not 26 - sorry sheff71-but thanks for wishing us well earlier :) ) minutes we were the bosses! Yes, I have had a couple and yes I am buzzing - what a night - didn't care a jot about the rain walking back through the park to the car - a night to remember and cherish. How wonderful it was to see my beloved ground almost full. Hat's off to the Arsenal fans who maintained the singing and support of their team even at 0-3 down.

Did Carlos outwit Wenger?

He was dropping hints all week that the team for tonight would be similar to the one that won at Newcastle but ended up playing the strongest side available. Did Wenger pick a weaker team than he otherwise would have done?

.......who cares? :hihi:

It's hard to say, but losing their two liveliest attackers inside 15 minutes was a real blow (especially as they are looking at a PL tilt - though on that performance they'd do well to stay up!) - Wenger didn't seem that bothered about losing the game after the match, but was concerned with his injuries, and said as much that he was glad he hadn't brought his other first choice players up after what happened injury wise.

A bit annoying though, after such a comprehensive dismantling of a top PL side by a lower league club 3-0, that Sky Sports News still chooses to focus on the Chelsea loss to another PL team on penalties - clearly the Wednesday win was much more notable than that (and that's speaking as a blade).

Nice to see the old ground full too, always a much more impressive sight when it's full and noisy like tonight... the owls will never get a better chance to pull in more regular fans than during this current run.

Let's hope we do sheff - it would help if the prices came down a bit - although Saturdays game against Forest is a category 'E' match - Lord knows how they work out the categories! I do hope we play as well on Saturday as we did tonight - good tactics by CC - despite what a lot were saying before kick off - in his post match interview he explained his idea behind it very well.

Off for sweet dreams now fellas - early start tomorrow and I have a Forest fan colleague to torment :hihi:

Oh before I go - I have to have me a play with Longy's nana's too! ;):hihi:

:banana::banana::banana: