Wednesday v Arsenal (27th Oct)

The problem with stats is that you can manipulate them how you want.

Take away Cech, Mertersacker, Walcott (brief appearance) Giroud and Ox (can hardly consider he 'played').

Debuchy, started 1 game this year.

Bennacee, never played for Arsenal before.

Iwobi, never played for Arsenal before.

Kamara, never played for Arsenal before.

Bielik, never played for Arsenal before.

Campbell, never started a PL game for Arsenal and no PL appearances this season.

Flamini, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Chambers, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Gibbs, 3 PL appearances this year, all as a sub. To consider him an 'up and coming' England player at 26 is stretching it too.

So from those 9, they have 3 starts in the Premier League this season.

When you consider it all, only 3 prominent players played enough in the game to be considered actually playing.

It's a fantastic result, no doubts about it, so I don't see why people are trying to make it out to be even better than it is.

Absolutely a great result but only Cech , Oxlade - Chamberlin and Giroud played that started vs Everton.

No Cazorla , Ozil , Sanchez or Koscielny to name a few , don't think if they played it would be 3-0 but again as has been said before you can only beat whats put in front of you , Im sure wenger was looking ahead to more important matches like Swansea, Bayern Munich and Spurs

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

tell that to the owls who never stopped saying it was reserve Premiership sides the Blades beat on all our cup runs ...

I also have memories of Owls 1, Scunny 2 :hihi:

Absolutely a great result but only Cech , Oxlade - Chamberlin and Giroud played that started vs Everton.

No Cazorla , Ozil , Sanchez or Koscielny to name a few , don't think if they played it would be 3-0 but again as has been said before you can only beat whats put in front of you , Im sure wenger was looking ahead to more important matches like Swansea, Bayern Munich and Spurs

As CC said in his interview afterwards he had 6 players out that he would have liked to have played so the argument works both ways. The only thing with United's wins against lower rated premier league sides was that NC played the players that he considered to be second string but given his lack of judgement they were in fact the better players

what a result for them well chuffed just wish i could have been there :(

Surely 80/81 was a worse season than that for you,worse for me was 75 and I went to most home and away.

80/81 gets my vote dobby, absolute dirge all season, topped off by Mr Givans last min penalty miss :gag:

In fact i was that impressed i bought a season ticket the following season and i've had one ever since:)

The problem with stats is that you can manipulate them how you want.

Take away Cech, Mertersacker, Walcott (brief appearance) Giroud and Ox (can hardly consider he 'played').

Debuchy, started 1 game this year.

Bennacee, never played for Arsenal before.

Iwobi, never played for Arsenal before.

Kamara, never played for Arsenal before.

Bielik, never played for Arsenal before.

Campbell, never started a PL game for Arsenal and no PL appearances this season.

Flamini, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Chambers, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Gibbs, 3 PL appearances this year, all as a sub. To consider him an 'up and coming' England player at 26 is stretching it too.

So from those 9, they have 3 starts in the Premier League this season.

When you consider it all, only 3 prominent players played enough in the game to be considered actually playing.

It's a fantastic result, no doubts about it, so I don't see why people are trying to make it out to be even better than it is.

Just a quick reminder of what happened when United last Arsenal played Arsenal's reserves.

'The youngest average age of a Arsenal team in history' the commentator says :hihi:

Just a quick reminder of what happened when United last Arsenal played Arsenal's reserves.

'The youngest average age of a Arsenal team in history' the commentator says :hihi:

Some good players in that team.... Wilshire, Coquelin, Bendtner, Vela, Fabianski, Ramsey, Djourou, Alex Song, Lansbury and Hoyte (ok take away Hoyte).

It even had the up and coming England player Gibbs, who is still up and coming 7 years later :hihi:

Sadly I went to that game.

Just for you Brian the blade

Starting Line up:

Petr Cech, 116 international caps and formally Chelsea number 1.

Mathieu Debuchy, 27 caps for France.

Per Mertesacker, 104 caps for Germany.

Chambers and Gibbs, both upcoming England players, 12 caps between them already.

Mathieu Flamini, formally an arsenal starter before leaving for AC Milan.

Joel Campbell, 50 caps for Costa Rica.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24 caps for England.

Olivier Giroud, regular starter and 29 caps for France.

And if the word 'youngsters' is used, share this little gem with them:

Arsenal starting line up average age: 25.73.

Sheffield Wednesday starting line up average age: 25.64.

According to the Mail the starting line-up cost £74.7m

According to the Mail the starting line-up cost £74.7m

Andy Caroll cost £35m, doesn't mean he's worth that, just means someone was stupid enough to pay it... :)

Im an armchair blade these days but may i congratulate the owls on winning arsenal whether they played with 3 regulars are their youth team.arsenal are a good club with lots of silverware over the years.its their loss if they didn`t put out a stronger team(not wednesday`s) so well done owls.