Wednesday v Arsenal (27th Oct)

Not to take the shine off what was a great unexpected win , well I thought Arsenal would bore you into submission and win 1-0.

EVERY SINGLE TIME the Blades beat a Premiership team in the Cups it was because we played a reserve side. So can I be the first to say well done on beating Arsenal reserves :hihi::hihi:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/10046335/arsenals-experienced-players-let-youngsters-down-says-paul-merson

You are Brian the blade

Lol

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 13:03 ----------

Look what we did last night Mooks - have faith and good luck ��

Ah but I mentioned to a Boro fan earlier will last night's results scare them into putting out a stronger team?

Just hope we dont get you in the next round if you get through Mooks, you battered us this season.

But as l said to my stepsons that Boro win at Hillsborough has done you alot of good kicked ye into playing like you should do.

Don't think it will be the same outcome if we did draw you ye alot stronger now.

Gotta get past this game first..

My son's birthday today maybe a omen

But one stepsons in hospital possible meningitis so that's playing on my mind..

But as l said to my stepsons that Boro win at Hillsborough has done you alot of good kicked ye into playing like you should do.

Don't think it will be the same outcome if we did draw you ye alot stronger now.

Gotta get past this game first..

My son's birthday today maybe a omen

But one stepsons in hospital possible meningitis so that's playing on my mind..

Your last points bad news mate, hope he recovers soon, puts a game of footy in perspective, best wishes on both fronts.

Edited by top4718

Cheers bud some crackin guys on here thanks for letting me be part of the banter..

Best of luck to you Mooks on both points.

All the best to boro tonight mooks,but more importantly all the best to your stepson.

I had to laugh to myself last night. Arrived early at the ground and was around the players entrance when the Arsenal team arrived to a hot reception of banter/ abuse, and thought to myself of all the things that have happened in my life i have never been booed going to work. is all that money really worth it.Yes it is.

Petr Cech, 116 international caps and formally Chelsea number 1.

Mathieu Debuchy, 27 caps for France.

Per Mertesacker, 104 caps for Germany.

Chambers and Gibbs, both upcoming England players, 12 caps between them already.

Mathieu Flamini, formally an arsenal starter before leaving for AC Milan.

Joel Campbell, 50 caps for Costa Rica.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24 caps for England.

Olivier Giroud, regular starter and 29 caps for France.

And if the word 'youngsters' is used, share this little gem with them:

Arsenal starting line up average age: 25.73.

Sheffield Wednesday starting line up average age: 25.64.

The problem with stats is that you can manipulate them how you want.

Take away Cech, Mertersacker, Walcott (brief appearance) Giroud and Ox (can hardly consider he 'played').

Debuchy, started 1 game this year.

Bennacee, never played for Arsenal before.

Iwobi, never played for Arsenal before.

Kamara, never played for Arsenal before.

Bielik, never played for Arsenal before.

Campbell, never started a PL game for Arsenal and no PL appearances this season.

Flamini, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Chambers, 2 appearances in the PL this year, 1 as a sub.

Gibbs, 3 PL appearances this year, all as a sub. To consider him an 'up and coming' England player at 26 is stretching it too.

So from those 9, they have 3 starts in the Premier League this season.

When you consider it all, only 3 prominent players played enough in the game to be considered actually playing.

It's a fantastic result, no doubts about it, so I don't see why people are trying to make it out to be even better than it is.

Does it really matter who played, the records will read Sheffield Wednesday 3, Arsenal 0 and that is all that will matters, and I was there.

Does it really matter who played, the records will read Sheffield Wednesday 3, Arsenal 0 and that is all that will matters, and I was there.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

tell that to the owls who never stopped saying it was reserve Premiership sides the Blades beat on all our cup runs ...

Of course it doesn't matter - anyone who saw the game saw the strength of the two teams, and also saw that Wednesday really wanted it last night. 3-0 flattered Arsenal over the whole game, and it does show that you should show respect to teams from the lower leagues, or else you might just get a pasting (as MK Dons did to Man Utd 4-0 last season).