Westfield School

I left in '95 and I was in Mrs Woodheads form. I hear that the old place will be flattened come this summer. Mr Buller, Mr Anwar & Miss Hall were 3 of the best teachers there...have seen Mr B & Miss H since but never seen Mr Anwar. I wonder what happened to him???

My 2 step daughter attended wesfield. Must have been late 90`s early 2000`s. Lucy and Sarah Foster. Anyone remember them?

Hi, I have just been doing some researching off the old westfield school. I know your post is old and you asked about lucy and sarah foster. Well I know lucy foster, we was really good friends. We were in the same form group with Miss Inkson’s. we used to sit next to each other in register in year 9 till me, her, lee and Kerrie all got split up for been to noisy. Anyway tell Lucy Steven Coates says hi and would like to get back in touch

from about 1998 to about 2003

Same as me!!! Which form were you in? i was in X2. And i liked jackson and holmes ha ha

although my favourite teacher was mr grosser

Yes indeedie, the Old Westfield School is going to be flattened, after we moved into a new building just after Christmas.

You may also have heard of the fire that burnt most of H Block down. That, along with the swimming pool has now been demolished and the rest of the place is a bit of a state (walked by it the other day on the public footpath that runs alongside) With graffiti everywhere (the whole back wall of J Block) and smashed windows :( Is very sad to be honest.

does anybody remember mr turton he had no hair at all he taught english i think and not a lot of people were too keen on him

I had Mr Turton for English in J Block. He wasn't the friendliest soul ever but then he did get a hard time about his lack of hair............

Whatever people say about it I loved Westfield school and will be really sad to see it disappear. Not sure how many others will feel the same..............

Yes indeedie, the Old Westfield School is going to be flattened, after we moved into a new building just after Christmas.

You may also have heard of the fire that burnt most of H Block down. That, along with the swimming pool has now been demolished and the rest of the place is a bit of a state (walked by it the other day on the public footpath that runs alongside) With graffiti everywhere (the whole back wall of J Block) and smashed windows :( Is very sad to be honest.

They should have torched it in 1960.:o

Oh My God Mr Lester I Left 89 And Remember All Them Names Does Anyone Rememer Mr Carling Looked Like He Had Pidgeon **** In His Hair Took Maths And Fishfinger Mort Took English He Was My Form Teaches I Think Remembered Lower School As Well Music Teacher Mr Warburton Then Cant Remember Who Was After That

haha i was there 200-2005 and i have mr mort, think it was in year 8. we all still called him fishfinger sideburns, even though they'd turned white by then.

westfield was so rubbish but i still kinda miss it.

mr richmond was right good, anyone find out why he left?

i was there the year mr turton came back after the 6 week holidays with no wig:o

to be honest everyone could tell it was a wig but we got such a big shock when we saw him bald.

mrs cooper(pe) did used to be called miss goodchild and maybe miss bassnet??? at one point.there were several 5th formers who supposedly sh***ed her :suspect: .she left after money went missing from the pe office so the rumour says/she also had a bad knee.

she wore the shortest pe skirst ever.not good when you got a class full of 15 yr olds waving javlins about as my mate found out.:hihi:

mr lester was my form tutor,i quite liked him:love: ,can remember him trying to embarrass me into stopping smoking by making me a fag holder/giving daily updates on me lol.didnt work pmsl.

also was anyone there 89-94? we all got called in to g?block where the reception was cos SOMEONE POOED on the floor of the 2nd yr toilets???

so funny :hihi:

mr bettison was great (german teacher)

miss williams was the drama teacher,always swearing,big boobies lol

can anyone remember mr/doc richardson :o

say no more lolol

brilliant school,really enjoyed my time there.

oh what i wouldnt give to back for just 1 day lol

wat does everyone think of the new uniform

[*]Blazer

[*]shirt

[*]tie

[*]jumper(optional)

[*]shoes

[*]trousers

does anyone think its gunna work or its just a waste of money???

Didn't think my son would wear it; especially the Blazer/Tie but he does.

Seems most kids go in their uniform now; not quite convinced that it will be the appropriate clothing for summer though; they still have to take their Blazers and wear the tie even though they dont have to wear the Blazer in school if too hot, ( Looks like loads Blazers left on chairs etc)

My other kids went to Westfield but it was Polo shirts and Sweatshirts, in the summer they could just wear the Polo shirt which was great.

Denise