Westfield School

Mark H

Did you leave in 1990?

Nope, left in 1986 after two years in the 6th form.

Sorry!:thumbsup:

His name wasn't Slack was it?

God....I remember Mr Slack he took Physics in late 50's and early 60's.

Always wore his dinner down his suit.

I left in 1961, it was Eckington Grammar school up to 1958.

Tuppie :D

God....I remember Mr Slack he took Physics in late 50's and early 60's.

Always wore his dinner down his suit.

I left in 1961, it was Eckington Grammar school up to 1958.

Tuppie :D

You will also no doubt remember Mr Gilbody the deupty head as well as the head master nicknamed Docker (I can't remember his proper name) who lived in the house at the back of the playground that bordered onto the footpath that went up to Mosborough.

Probably one of the most memorable teachers has to be Les Davies the games master, that is if you enjoyed games, because if you didn't he made you suffer...lol.

Another that comes to mind is Miss Smith the head mistress (who lived most of her life just below the George & Dragon in Mosborough) she was a stern woman.

Miss Ponsonby the geography mistress was another who was a nice person. She married Jim Calow the art teacher.

i proper hated mr jackson n mr holmes as well they where ****heads! mr jackson left when i was there and mr holmes took over my red report!!!!1

Hi Owdlad

You will also no doubt remember Mr Gilbody the deupty head as well as the head master nicknamed Docker (I can't remember his proper name) who lived in the house at the back of the playground that bordered onto the footpath that went up to Mosborough.

The headmaster at that time was Mr Rollinson, lived at the side of the Halfway school. They always wore there gowns at that time, and the mortar boards for class photographs.

Miss Smith frightened the life out of me...I wagged it one day, caught the bus to Mosbro from Beighton and met up with my mate we walked over the fields back to Beighton and just as we came out onto to the road by Beighton tip on Eckington Road, she was going past in her little Morris Minor. We were both smoking so that didn't go down too well. She took us both back to school, funnily enough I can't remember what punishment we got for that.

Tuppie

My 2 step daughter attended wesfield. Must have been late 90`s early 2000`s. Lucy and Sarah Foster. Anyone remember them?

i can remember them

i proper hated mr jackson n mr holmes as well they where ****heads! mr jackson left when i was there and mr holmes took over my red report!!!!1

why when did you leave jordan

Hi Owdlad

The headmaster at that time was Mr Rollinson, lived at the side of the Halfway school. They always wore there gowns at that time, and the mortar boards for class photographs.

Miss Smith frightened the life out of me...I wagged it one day, caught the bus to Mosbro from Beighton and met up with my mate we walked over the fields back to Beighton and just as we came out onto to the road by Beighton tip on Eckington Road, she was going past in her little Morris Minor. We were both smoking so that didn't go down too well. She took us both back to school, funnily enough I can't remember what punishment we got for that.

Tuppie

Thats him! Rollinson, he used to walk about in the black gown like an old crow :(

I have no sympathy with you getting caught wagging it, especially as everyone knew that the sand quarries were the best place to go when you wagged it :hihi: No doubt that your punishment would have involved pain, I know that mine always did :D

:loopy: I was there in 76/81 upper/ lower. can anyone remember headmaster Bernard Cross foul stenching breath, he could knock you out from 20 paces.

mr slack he was still there in76 scruffy little git, mean with a metre ruler and a blackboard rubber. we had a song about him. Oh you'll never get to heaven in Slacky's car cos Slacky's car won't get that far.I was in form 1Q & 2T before moving to upper':help:

hiya evry1 i GO to westfield and i HAVE MISS NEEDHAM 4 times a WEEK shes scary as hell MR PORTER is head now and MR LESTER is scary 2 hes music well ne questions email me at [email protected]