Westfield School

GRAMMARIAN did you know my mam ...she was margerat jackson later frost...

When I get older.... losing my hair... many years from now... MR WARBURTON !!!!!

or was that just our year who sung that ???? :D

think it must ave been just us if this is mr lee ;)

Hi Mechanikarl,

If your mum was there between 1951 and 1958 please ask her to forgive me. The only Jackson I remember was Barbara and I think she was in the year above me. If she was in my year I would like to be reminded. I am in contact with several members of my intake of 1951.

Grammarian

Does anyone from Westfield School remember my brother, Ian Stacey?

Any relation to Paul Stacey?

I went to Westfield between 1969 - 1974 lived in Beighton and caught the school bus at the bottom of Queens road. Years 1 and 2 were at Halfway, sometimes we had to walk to Mosbourough at dinner time for afternoon lessons .... can you imagine kids doing that these days !!!!

Quite sad to read some of the comments, i for one enjoyed my time there.

hi anyone remember westfield school?

my worst teachers was Mr holmes and mr jackson man i hated them 2.

anyone remember them?

hi which mr jackson as there were several - i went too wessy from 82-87

Ah, Mr Lester and his motorbike... He was my English Teacher circa 1985/6, kinda thought he was the cool dude teacher at the time, had a silly tash, wore leathers and spoke well !

Can't believe he's still there !

that you mr ellis

The short fat chap with a bald top ! ????

mr greene lower wessy headteacher

Helen Bartlam

Barbara Taylor

Marie Luke

Sheila Williamson and the Freeman twins from the year above

Now they were my good memories of Westfield :)

Hi Grammarian

Remember Geoff Brint, he played a mean clarinet and sax, he was a good friend of mine. He still lived in Beighton until he passed on a couple of years ago.

Also remember Marsman so nicknamed by his supposed resemblance to the green martians in the Eagle comic. Well............ it was me but I have got over it now!

Geoff gave me a copy of one of those school photos - big and oblong. He wrote names on all those he could remember. We should get together sometime and talk over old times

Brian

I was there 88 to 93 and I loved it I had mr brassington for my first year tutor then mr adams till year three where I had miss wiliams till I left. Mr vickers was music teacher and soo jolly mr cross was head but a firm family friend so coudnt get away with anything though my bro was a well know student for causing trouble everyone knew pete gyte back then. Shame the old school had to go I miss it new westfield ain't a patch on the old one.

Hi Grammarian

Remember Geoff Brint, he played a mean clarinet and sax, he was a good friend of mine. He still lived in Beighton until he passed on a couple of years ago.

Also remember Marsman so nicknamed by his supposed resemblance to the green martians in the Eagle comic. Well............ it was me but I have got over it now!

Geoff gave me a copy of one of those school photos - big and oblong. He wrote names on all those he could remember. We should get together sometime and talk over old times

Brian

Hi Brian,

I remember Geoff Brint, he was my friend also until we both went our separate ways of work. I used to play piano at his house with the Davis brothers as an impromptu band. Unfortunately I missed Geoff's funeral as I didn't know he had died. It was only when I was at an EGS reunion at the Fairways Inn(if I remember the location correctly) One of the attendees arrived and said he had just been at Geoff's funeral. I would have gone had I known earlier.

Can you remind me where you are on the long photograph? I am on the second row between John Davis and Bill Batham. I regret I don't remember your nickname, I must have been one of the people who didn't use it.

Graham