Terror arrests in Sheffield

Unfortunately, change is part of life, wherever you are. It is scary and the unpredictability of being alive is intimidating. But things change, we can't avoid it.

Before 1998, when Immigration was around the 30 thousand a year mark, change was natural, organic and steady and you could say it was on this countries terms. Foreign influences suited the British taste/palate.

Now though, 250 thousand a year is the norm and Its way too much.

Mod Note

OK, review complete

Posts have been deleted for bickering & insults, kindly keep the discussion civil.

Posts have been removed for discussing moderation and outright accusation of bias - if anyone has a problem with the way the forum is moderated or with any particular moderator, then please make your suggestion or complaint at the Helpdesk, any further posts of this nature will be deleted and the user who made it will be suspended.

Posts have been removed for being off topic, kindly stay on topic.

Posts have been removed where the OP has removed the content.

And finally any posts referring to or quoting deleted posts have been removed.

I was tempted to remove more as 90% of this thread is speculation.

If you think any problem posts have been missed please report them, if you have any complaints about the moderation of the thread please contact the Helpdesk.

Edited by esme

This thread is pretty depressing.

[/color]Also, the NHS would fall apart without immigration, both from outside the EU and within. But then I suppose the current government is going to wreck it anyway so that's a moot point.

The percentage of NHS staff who are immigrants is about 11 percent, about equivalent to the percentage of UK population born outside Uk.and that doesn't take into account any children they may have.

This thread is pretty depressing.

The problem with judging an entire race/religion based on the actions of a tiny minority is that we would be persecuting a lot of innocent people. This is something that should never happen under any circumstance, whatever the cause. Our whole society has been built on this principle, and the second you start to veer away from it, the second you start to walk down a very dangerous path. Liberal democracy is a very fragile construct, we should be very careful what we wish for.

That would be a tiny minority who have managed to take control of several countries and are currently causing enough trouble across the Muslim world to displacement millions? It is hardly a minor problem and it is part and parcel of Islamic culture... it exists wherever there are Muslims propagating and perpetuating Islamic culture.

Our democratic society is indeed fragile. Most people in this democracy have had their fill of immigration and that can be attributed to the 'Muslim experience'. Tell us what is likely to happen in a fragile democracy if the will of the majority who desire less immigration are overruled by a 'moral elite'? I would suggest there would be a backlash against the politics of those doing the overruling and migrants... and that is something we can see happening across Europe. Be careful what you wish for... you might get the polar opposite.

At the end of WW2, Europe agreed that anyone from any country (regardless of creed or colour) who was facing persecution, would be offered asylum. This is a fantastic policy to have as a nation and we should not turn our back on this. Germany (to be fair to them) are now global leaders in this policy, and they have Europe's best economy and very few incidents of terrorism.

Then let the Germans enjoy the fantastic policy and leave us to suffer the consequences of our xenophobia.

Mathematics is pretty cool. It only underpins everything about modern engineering and computing though, so I suppose it's not a big deal.

Indeed it is. Are you trying to say we didn't have maths until we welcomed Islamic culture to our shores? You're clutching at straws.

Also, the NHS would fall apart without immigration, both from outside the EU and within. But then I suppose the current government is going to wreck it anyway so that's a moot point.

Again, the NHS is not something that we have gained through the introduction of Islamic culture.

Have we? What are the real numbers of Muslim immigrants to the UK?

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/oct/29/todays-key-fact-you-are-probably-wrong-about-almost-everything

In 2011, 2.7 million British people were Muslim.

Approx half of those are British born. So that's 1.35 million Muslim immigrants. In total, over multiple generations.

The increase between 2001 and 2011 was 1.2 million people. But 560k of those were born in the UK.

So in a decade there were 640 thousand Muslim immigrants.

That's a long way from your millions (plural) isn't it...

From

http://www.mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MCBCensusReport_2015.pdf

You are also splitting hairs that nobody cares about... there are millions of Muslims and they have been around long enough for us to make judgements re the pro's and con's of their religion and culture. Like it or not the judgement is in and it isn't favourable.

That would be a tiny minority who have managed to take control of several countries and are currently causing enough trouble across the Muslim world to displacement millions? It is hardly a minor problem and it is part and parcel of Islamic culture... it exists wherever there are Muslims propagating and perpetuating Islamic culture.

Our democratic society is indeed fragile. Most people in this democracy have had their fill of immigration and that can be attributed to the 'Muslim experience'. Tell us what is likely to happen in a fragile democracy if the will of the majority who desire less immigration are overruled by a 'moral elite'? I would suggest there would be a backlash against the politics of those doing the overruling and migrants... and that is something we can see happening across Europe. Be careful what you wish for... you might get the polar opposite.

Then let the Germans enjoy the fantastic policy and leave us to suffer the consequences of our xenophobia.

Indeed it is. Are you trying to say we didn't have maths until we welcomed Islamic culture to our shores? You're clutching at straws.

Again, the NHS is not something that we have gained through the introduction of Islamic culture.

You are also splitting hairs that nobody cares about... there are millions of Muslims and they have been around long enough for us to make judgements re the pro's and con's of their religion and culture. Like it or not the judgement is in and it isn't favourable.

Why don't you take a running jump off a cliff or something? Your religious hatred is getting boring now.

Our democratic society consists of Muslims too or don't they count?

You are not representative of the british public so stop making out you are just because a few bigots/ Muslim haters on the forum big up your posts. :rolleyes:

I could do with less religious hatred too. I'm not Muslim, but I feel like we need to stick together.

During the Troubles, did the British people blame all Catholics for the actions of the IRA?

Let's protect ourselves from the terrorists, but without attacking our good neighbours and colleagues.

Edited by Dozer
I deleted the word "a" as it had crept in without permission.

I could do with a less religious hatred too. I'm not Muslim, but I feel like we need to stick together.

During the Troubles, did the British people blame all Catholics for the actions of the IRA?

Let's protect ourselves from the terrorists, but without attacking our good neighbours and colleagues.

Well said!

To be fair to Zamo - he isn't criticising Moslems themselves, he appears to criticising Islam and Islamic culture.

Why don't you take a running jump off a cliff or something? Your religious hatred is getting boring now.

You are not representative of the british public so stop making out you are just because a few bigots/ Muslim haters on the forum big up your posts. :rolleyes:

To be fair to Zamo, his posts are well thought out and do paint an accurate picture.

To be fair to Zamo - he isn't criticising Moslems themselves, he appears to criticising Islam and Islamic culture.

I agree. And for what its worth, people of muslim background are no different to any other group, but that religion does take some thinking about.

I think part of the problem is the extremists stand out and normal muslims don't so people assosiate islam with the ones wearing burkas or dressed like taliban. Our lass is 3rd generation Hungarian Jewish and nobody would think she was anything other than English, which is great but if people were thinking that jews don't integrate they would ignore her and the many that do and focus on the ultra orthodox. So i guess the same happens with muslims, its the fanatical ones that stand out and peoples judgement about the normal ones is clouded as a result

Lashing out and telling someone to kill themselves because you don't agree with what they say actually reinforces their point. Can you not see that? But then turning the other cheek has never been much of a concept in Islam :(

Zamo has never once indicated that he hates Islam. Just that he has no time for it in its current form. Again because everything in Islam is seemingly black and white you take this as hatred.

I think you are a genuinely decent chap and a good poster, but that dogma that you let govern you is actually holding you back and making you angry. Just IMHO which I'm sure I can take with me while I jump off a cliff :hihi: